daveco

Weight and decks

That's where mine lives (we can share stories of what it takes to get a KK up on one - LOL!). When I had my deck rebuilt a few years back (still had the POSK then, but the weights are similar), I had the contractor put extra support (smaller spacing between joists) on that corner where the grill was going to go. Since I was doing the rest of the decking in TREX, I had him specially put down "iron wood" deck boards in a 4' x 4' area where the grill would go. Never had a problem.

I recommend you engage a structural engineer to examine your deck and the specifications of the KK you plan on buying.

The structural engineer can then provide you wiht plans for any modifications or re-build needed.

You can then do the work, if your handy, or you can engage alicensed contractor to do the work.

Common sense says to beef up the deck, but in this world of liability, it is better to ensure your home insurance will not balk in the event you have to use it for any reason surrounding the KK or deck or guests, etc...