enif420

Having one in front of you is a totally different experience

Let me tell you from experience that you can look at all the pics on the web but having one in front of you is a totally different experience. There is so much here; I do not know where to begin. Let's start at the top. The vent that has two wings what style. Yet, those wings could be used to adjust the vent. The gasket between the top lid and the vent is ballistic. The top lid has a latch that seals the top and the bottom together. Great feature. Upon opening up the lid, you will notice that the top lid opens so effortlessly. This is done by one spring that is neatly tucked away in the back of the grill. Again style and function. Now, that the top lid is up let's look inside. The grills are unmatched by any grills that I have ever seen in a home unit. There are 3 layers of grills. Lower, main and upper grills. Notably the upper grill is of one piece construction. Great feature again. The basket for your charcoal is over sized. Fantastic. It can be enhanced by the basket splitter as an accessory. This is a fantastic feature that shows insight and thoughtfulness. There is a split firebox for expansion. Great. The main lower part of the Komodo Kamado flows gracefully into the feet. There is a sense of proportionality to the Komodo Kamado that is pleasing to the eye. The wheels are hidden beneath the feet. Another great feature of the Komodo Kamado. The wheels by the way are oversized to my experience. I just when out to look at the Komodo Kamado and realized there is more to review. On the top lid there is a thermometer. Great looking one I might add. The air induction port and the ash clean out are separate. Fantastic. To my eye are the same size which adds to symmetry and artistry of the grill. The ash clean out is actually large enough to actually clean it out. Amazing. There is a port for a barbecue guru. The barbecue guru itself is an accessory. I have one that I bought years ago and do not use much. It is nice to have though. There is a port for your meat probe. You do not have to place the wires between the body and the lid and clamp down on the wires. Thoughtfulness in design. The Komodo Kamado is just drop dead gorgeous. The sparse metal trim accent the unit into a level of artistry that is unmatched in my opinion. There are other aspects that I could discuss but by now you should get the idea.

Let me speak of my background here. I was an analytical chemist for many years. I am giving you my perceptions of the Komodo Kamado. I am an owner of a RJ Kamado for about ten years. Mine is intact and functional. The RJ Kamado is basically a similar grill. Basically, the same size different shape with a tile exterior. Stop here. Comparing that grill to Komodo Kamado is like trying to compare Model T to a Lamborghini. So, I am comparing the refinements that Dennis has incorporated into his design that I wish my other one had. I cannot see why the Komodo Kamado should not excel in the cooking department. I have not cooked with it yet though. I am not an expert in Kamado grills like Dennis but this is my experience over the years.

There is more to say but I am going to save it for another post. Stay tuned and by then, maybe, I will have tried out the Komodo Kamado 23 Ultimate. I just feel that I appreciate the effort Dennis has put into the Komodo Kamado and it is my small way of showing gratitude for his effort.

Vernon M

California

Let me just say as a previous owner of a POSK (aka RJ Kamado), that there is no comparison in the construction/quality/service. Dennis kicks major ass!!! I am soooo much happier with my KK than I ever was with the POSK and in the beginning, I thought that it was The Grill - quality and craftsmanship are timeless. I seriously doubt that the top hat on my KK will ever fall off in my lifetime, let alone after 7 years like the POSK.