Parrothead72

First Pizza Cook on the KK

For anyone wanting to try a screen, you can get disposable screens at walmart in the grill section for about $.97 each. They have rectangle and round. Expanded aluminum, just like the real screens from the kitchen supply house, only with a slightly concave perimeter, and without the rigid ring around the outsides.

I don't use them for pizza, but have a stack that I will use for small vegetables or even roll up to help move things like fatties around.

And while disposable, you can certainly toss them in the dishwasher and reuse until thy are too bent to deal with.

Hey Firemonkey, have you tried Frogmats for doing your fatties? They work great.

www.frogmats.com

it only took 18 months, but I finally saw this post.  :P

I've never heard of frogmats, but I am intrigued.  They're cheap enough to get a couple and give them a try.  Are they sturdy enough to lift something heavyish - like a chicken or meatloaf?

It's almost like watching kids grow up... With the new guard rediscovering and trying out all the same things we did way back when.

Whoa... I think I just had an epiphany - I'm getting old!

Nah - we're just revisiting cooks we've done before on other Kamados.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

I'm curious, what has become of your previous kamados? Serious question - keep around for a spare? Sell it? Donate it? Put it in a corner and call it names while you give the kk all your attention?

Sold them although I am a little sad about selling the Akorn Jr. That was a great little vacation kamado. Cooked me and Mrs skreef a few really fine meals while at a cabin on our honeymoon.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT