Hector

First Rotisserie Chicken

Had a go at my first rotisserie chicken today. I stuffed the cavity with sage, thyme, marjoram and lemon. I placed some sage leaves under the breast skin and rubbed with Plowboys Yardbird Rub.

The chicken was cooked at around 380f, the skin started to crisp but didn't crisp as much as on the top grill. I also added a chunk of cherry wood. However the chicken was incredibly moist, absolutely fantastic. I'd probably do the rotisserie next time at 400-425f. The chicken came off at 170f.

e2eda5y2.jpg

enade3yr.jpg

e3ytera4.jpg

8uqa2abe.jpg

Served with Chive Buttered Potatoes with Ranch Mixed Salad with Roast Chicken.

Hector

Looks great!   Like you I love my rotisserie!   If you have the 1/2 coal basket try rotating the basket 90 degrees so the 1/2 basket of coals is at the back of the firebox.   You can then stoke the KK to a higher temp...but the meat gets indirect heat on the roti...a win-win combo I've found.

Thanks for posting with pics!

I received my roti motor at the end of last week and rushed home today because I knew UPS was delivering the cradle.  Awesome.  It's about 35 degrees out now and the wind is blowing about 20-25 mph, but that did not stop me from hooking it all up and watching it spin.  Empty and sad, but spinning nonetheless.   Wind made my eyes tear up, or maybe it was the roti.  No way I can do something in the roti today or tomorrow and we will be out all day Saturday, but I think I will try to squeeze in a chicken or two Saturday night if I get the fire ready to light on Saturday morning.

Dennis, another great accessory.  I got the basket splitter, pizza stone, the roti, a table, a rib rack...I think I'm running out of ways to spend money with you.

LOVE IT!!!!