Porkchop

If you like to worry, don't buy this cooker!!

Just to make it official, and have the post in the right place for them that are comparison shopping, I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!!

what makes me happy? while others are running their gurus or whatever, have alarms set in case their fire goes out, or gets too hot, i am sleeping in my nice warm bed, dreaming of pulled pork goodness!

I also have (for now) a #7 textured from another mexico-based company :D and have cooked on it for 4 years. before that many steel cookers, bullet and offset style, and even home-made.

this. cooker. is. the. ULTIMATE. end of story. go check out the main page at www.komodokamado.com and check out the design improvements on both the classic and OTB's. these are not cosmetic, itsy bitsy changes. double gaskets, upper stack gasketing, fine airflow adjuster on the lower draft, spring loaded upper dome, and a dome lock that seals your cooker like a tupperware bowl! you have complete control over airflow, and by extension, temperature.

DONT BUY THIS COOKER! just move along and keep telling yourself how difficult it is to produce awesome, slow cooked pork and brisket! keep worshipping me and my Q from afar. don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain...