Greg_R

Setting up burner for natural gas

I have a quick disconnect on the side of my house for natural gas. What do I need to get to use the KK burner? Is a regulator required? Is there a specific regulator for natural gas?

I already went to my local BBQ store and got a 12ft quick disconnect hose and a shut-off valve. I know that I'll also need to modify the burner (BBQ store will do that for me).

I am assuming that I need to have them connect a hose to the burner, then add a regulator, and then connect the regulator to the quick disconnect hose? Does the regulator need to be near the grill or can it be on the other end of the 12ft hose?

Thanks!

Re: Setting up burner for natural gas

I have a quick disconnect on the side of my house for natural gas. What do I need to get to use the KK burner? Is a regulator required? Is there a specific regulator for natural gas?

I already went to my local BBQ store and got a 12ft quick disconnect hose and a shut-off valve. I know that I'll also need to modify the burner (BBQ store will do that for me).

I am assuming that I need to have them connect a hose to the burner, then add a regulator, and then connect the regulator to the quick disconnect hose? Does the regulator need to be near the grill or can it be on the other end of the 12ft hose?

Thanks!

To my knowledge there is no additional regulator need on the natural gas since it is already knocked down to about 4 "H2O pressure by the regulator located outside your house.

You can probably get one of these guys who already converted to quick disconnect to tell you what they purchased. Here is a link to that topic - viewtopic.php?t=430.

The conversion from propane to natural gas is fairly simple; you just drill the hole out to a slightly larger larger size (based on this chart - http://www.joppaglass.com/burner/lowp_chrt.html). You could approximate and go with about a 3/32, but it would be best if you know your exact pressure for natural gas (call the gas company) and get Dennis to tell us the BTU rating for this burner. Then with that info you can look at the chart and get the exact drill size needed.

-=Jasen=-