wilburpan

New 23� Ultimate coming to NJ

Hi everyone,

I placed an order for a 23†Ultimate this week, which will be my first kamado grill. It’s on the way to the US, after which it needs to make its way to central NJ. My guess is that it will get to me in early October, right around my birthday. Although I didn’t really plan it this way, this will make a nice birthday present. ^_^

I’m really excited about putting the 23†Ultimate to use. I’ve had a lot of experience grilling throughout my life using your typical round Weber charcoal grill and various inexpensive gas grills, including the one that just died on me after 10 years of faithful service. I imagine this will be like going from driving a Kia (no disrespect to my old grill) straight to an Audi.

Now I just have to wait.

• Like 1

Congrats Wilbur! Mine is actually delivering to Houston this afternoon and I can't wait. If you have never used a Kamado style cooker, I put together some basic information on a recent post.

Kamado Cooker Basic Primer http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4948-Kamado-Cooker-Basic-Primer

Good luck with patiently waiting. What color did you get?

This one. Olive and gold pebble. ^_^

Thanks for pointing me towards your writeup. I remember reading it a while ago while looking into getting a Komodo Kamado grill.

I can afford to be patient. One of the reasons I wound up going with ordering a grill from Dennis is that I had placed an order for a Kamado Joe Big Joe back in mid-June after my old grill finally died. Apparently Kamado Joe is having a hard time fulfilling orders this year (which is a good problem for them to have), and after most of the summer passed, I still didn’t have a good idea as to when I would be getting the Big Joe. One of their major online sellers lists the Big Joe as shipping in 4-6 weeks now.

The waiting period gave me a lot of time to look into and think about other options and to ask questions, and ultimately I decided to cancel my order for the Big Joe and place an order for the KK 23†Ultimate.

So the time it will take to get the KK 23†Ultimate to get to me will be a drop in the bucket. ^_^

Have fun with your grill today! If you get a chance, take pictures and post a report. I’m sure I’ll be able to use the information when mine comes. ^_^

post-1821-0-89302600-1409228155_thumb.jp

Hi everyone,

I placed an order for a 23†Ultimate this week, which will be my first kamado grill. It’s on the way to the US, after which it needs to make its way to central NJ. My guess is that it will get to me in early October, right around my birthday. Although I didn’t really plan it this way, this will make a nice birthday present. ^_^

I’m really excited about putting the 23†Ultimate to use. I’ve had a lot of experience grilling throughout my life using your typical round Weber charcoal grill and various inexpensive gas grills, including the one that just died on me after 10 years of faithful service. I imagine this will be like going from driving a Kia (no disrespect to my old grill) straight to an Audi.

Now I just have to wait.

Wilbur,

Originally saw your posts on another forum - great to see you found your way here and even more excited to see you have a Komodo on the way. I got a large smile from reading your post as it sounds almost identical to my story.... Ordered a Joe, backlogs with poor communication, etc., and used the extra time to do more research. I have only had my Komodo for a month but can't say how great it is owning a KK and how happy I am that things happened the way they did. Folks on this forum are great and the KK is second to none. Can't wait to see pics of your KK - recommend using the time while you wait to make sure you have all the fun toys, wood chunks, etc that you will want to have on hand when your KK arrives!

Thanks, BigLazy23! You should know that your posts helped me make my decision. Although I’m not sure what kind of dog is going to match my grill. ^_^

Hah! In all fairness matching dogs are great but as far as grill accessories go not a lot of value (the exception being photo opportunities). What we really need is more people to eat the food I cook so that we can move on to the next cook quicker - less leftovers the better!

First pork butt (3.5lb) on the Komodo on the grill right now and bought a roast for tomorrow - pics to come later today or tomorrow depending on when it gets done (was at 162 at 12:30pm).

Getting closer!

Dennis sent me a note that the container with my grill made it to the Port of Los Angeles and cleared inspection. That was the good news.

The bad news is this happened:

320263_1280x720.jpg

A fire broke out at the Port of Los Angeles. Luckily, it was contained without too much damage or any loss of life, but this will delay the grill getting to Dennis’s warehouse.

Still, the way I look at it, I went 11 weeks from June until August after placing an order for another kamado grill without knowing where it was or when I might expect to receive it. And even when I ultimately cancelled that order, I still didn't have a delivery date of any kind.

So comparatively speaking, I'm still way ahead, even with the port fire. ^_^