CeramicChef

I'm the CeramicChef

Hi KKers!

I'm the CeramicChef and have owned and been cooking on "The Beast", a KK BB 32", for about some time now.  All I can say is that everyone should have an opportunity to cook on a KK!

I've been using kamados for a little over 20 years.  I started out on a BGE that eventually got Humptied on move from South Texas to NOLA.  It was replaced by a Medium BGE as I was now single and didn't think I'd need as much as a BGE had in terms of grilling space.  Then along came the Primo XL and it replaced my Med BGE as my go to grill.  It was wrecked by some ne'er do well youths and replaced with another Primo XL.  

During my Primo years, Dennis introduced the KK BB.  I just sat there in my chair slack jawed.  I finally decided that I had worked hard all my life and I deserved one.  Dennis was gracious enough to ship one my way! I thought I understood all about quality, customer service, etc.  Was I ever wrong!  The KK BB 32" was beyond anything I ever hoped for.  But then, you guys know exactly what I'm talking about.  My friends as me to explain why in the world I'd ever spend the kind of money on a kamado that you pay for the KK BB and all I do is smile and tell them they'd never understand until they experience it firsthand.  My friends who have cooked on The Beast tell me it's the difference between chicken salad and chicken $41t.  

The Beast is Black Pebbled ... understated elegance!  I thought I had a pic but will post one in a couple of days.

So in any event, its good to be aboard and in with you good people.  

Y'all have a great weekend, kiss that special someone, hug the kids, and make some memories with your KK, family, and friends!

Hey CC,

Welcome to the KK Forum.  It might be not as busy as the Kamado Guru but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here.  Sorry about yesterday........What is up with Oklahoma ?

Eggary! What's up, Buddy? Good to see another friendly face! Maybe not quite as busy, but you are oh so right! There are indeed a ton of bright people here. I've found out that cooking on a KK is a lot different than any other kamado I've ever used. The versatility of the KK takes it into another realm altogether! I look forward to learning from the old hands here!

As for my OU Sooners .... geez, I think they spent too much time reading their own press! The defense has taken a vacation ... no pass rush and can't stop the run. The offense seems to be lackluster ... no run blocking, inability to sustain a passing game, and incredibly stupid mistakes! Yesterday the kicking game took a vacation. Taken together, it means a 31-30 loss to K-State!

There goes any hope of a Big 12 championship and whatever slim hope for an invite to the four teams selected to vie for the National Championship. Oh well ....

Eggary! What's up, Buddy? Good to see another friendly face! Maybe not quite as busy, but you are oh so right! There are indeed a ton of bright people here. I've found out that cooking on a KK is a lot different than any other kamado I've ever used. The versatility of the KK takes it into another realm altogether! I look forward to learning from the old hands here!

As for my OU Sooners .... geez, I think they spent too much time reading their own press! The defense has taken a vacation ... no pass rush and can't stop the run. The offense seems to be lackluster ... no run blocking, inability to sustain a passing game, and incredibly stupid mistakes! Yesterday the kicking game took a vacation. Taken together, it means a 31-30 loss to K-State!

There goes any hope of a Big 12 championship and whatever slim hope for an invite to the four teams selected to vie for the National Championship. Oh well ....

CC - Feel free to route for the Horned Frogs for the rest of the season. We're taking applications!