LeadDog

Hello

Re: Hello

I just ordered a textured OTB from Dennis. I thought I would say hi as I have been reading almost everything that has been posted in the forum. This will be a big change for me as I have always cooked on open pits or metal BBQs. Looking forward to all of your help and tips after I get my KK.

Prepare to get real lazy... that's the big change. If you've cooked on open/metal pits, temperature and coal management is just absolutely insanely easy!

@samantha and DennisLink I used to lead bike tours in Alaska that is where I picked up my nickname. The Avatar was drawn by my favorite Alaskan artist for me.

@ Porkchop I use lump because I make lump. :) The town I'm from is where the briquette was invented. :(

Now for a BBQ picture. I know you want one of the KK when I get it but here is a picture of what I'm cooking on now. My friend was using it last night so I snapped a picture of it.

http://djardine.unix-master.be/get_thum ... 640&nh=480

@ Porkchop The pit was made "in house" by my dad about 30 years ago. He had my friend in the picture weld on the firebox and smoke stacks a couple of years ago. I can see what he was trying to do but it didn't work. The last time I had to do any welding was in the late 80s. I think I can still weld if I had to.

@ Curly Scooter? Well anyway here is a picture of my bike while I'm on tour in Alaska.

http://djardine.unix-master.be/get_thum ... 317&nh=480