cruzmisl

The 411 on the BBQ Guru

Hi All,

As I posted before I was expecting to punch the hole out of my OTB, insert my BBQ Guru fan and prepare for a low and slow. Much to my dismay it didn't work like that.

The hole is too big and you will need an inducer tube from BBQG. Based on their advice I elected to go with the bulkhead inducer tube. It's a bit longer but also more stable. Simply remove the nut and shove it into the KK until it bottoms out on the snap ring. I didn't bother putting the nut on the inside since the fit is really tight. Just jiggle it back and forth and it will go in.

Hopefully this will save someone else some minor aggravation. Dennis does state on the KK Website that it is BBQ Guru inducer tube ready but I didn't read that part. Come to think of it, I didn't even know what and "inducer tube" was :)

Here are some pics. Don't mind the residual adhesive on my KK. I had to plug the hole with painters tape while I waited for my bulkhead

Joe

guru8.jpg

guru9.jpg

guru10.jpg