GrillingMontana

New Member here - Greetings from Montana!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am Paul and  live in the Big Sky State of Montana USA!

I got word that my Komado Kamado should be here in about a week or so and wanted to join the forum and check out what everyone has been cooking!

Already excited about my first cook, I am trying to think of a dish to break the Kamado in properly.  Although I have never used a Komodo Kamado, I am no stranger to ceramic cookers.

I look forward to learning and chatting on the forum!

P-

• Like 1

Welcome to the KK family. I'll try and refrain from oblique references to that Frank Zappa tune (one of my favs! I refer to the dogs as my "pigmy pooches.")

Sounds like we'll be learning more from you than vice versa!

Don't forget to post pics of the virgin cook. It's a "rule" here (No Pic, It Didn't Happen!)

My vote for 1st cook is to roast a whole chicken. Ceramics do an outstanding job on whole/spatchcocked birds. 

Welcome to the KK family. I'll try and refrain from oblique references to that Frank Zappa tune (one of my favs! I refer to the dogs as my "pigmy pooches.")

Sounds like we'll be learning more from you than vice versa!

Don't forget to post pics of the virgin cook. It's a "rule" here (No Pic, It Didn't Happen!)

My vote for 1st cook is to roast a whole chicken. Ceramics do an outstanding job on whole/spatchcocked birds. 

Thanks @tony b and @DennisLinkletter for the kind words!

The lady is a big fan of crispy chicken skin and we both have a love for chicken on the bone so that may end up being a good choice!  

As far as photos go, I plan on "raising up a crop" from here in Montana.  Don't think that Zappa reference got missed either- :)

I like to do them a little more well than some so the dark meat is quite firm with the collagen and connective tissue gone.  Often with a handful of cherry chips for funzies- 

Cheers- PIMG_5251_zpsaa2ec910.jpg

Welcome Paul.

Do you by chance have a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers?

:mrgreen:

You are going to have a lot of fun and enjoyment out of your KK!!

Thanks @tucker 

Perhaps I should make some of St. Alphonso's pancakes for my first cook?

If this turns into a Zappa thread, you guys have me beat by a long shot!

What's cooking for the games this weekend?