Smokydave

KK Teak Cabinets

Does anyone have one of the 2 door teak cabinets that Dennis sells?  I am looking longingly at one, but would like to see some better, bigger pictures.  If you could post or send me some shots and give comments that would be great.  Also , if anyone has any of the cabinets, how are you maintaining them to keep them nice?

Thanks

I have the two drawer, two door model and love it.  I had planned to replace the teak top with granite but procrastinated...one of these days I'll have a granite top cut (damn mesquite lump throws sparks like the 4th of July).  Otherwise its just like any teak wood...slowly aging.  Mine is still brown...after a year and a half-ish on our patio.  But at sea level and near the coast we don't have near the degradation we had with all types of wood including teak when we lived in the high desert at 5,000' and big UV ray time.  

I'll try to get some fresh photos posted tomorrow...

Smokeydave,

look here in another part of the site.

http://komodokamado.com/forum/topic/1697-fruit-cove-florida-jacksonville-area/

i have the two door cabinet.

It is under a pavilion roof.

When not in use i have a cover that johnny made.

i recently sanded (150 grit) the top and rubbed in 2 coats of teak oil; after a few years of owning it.

the top got a bit cruddy from cooking, grates, etc.

my table has the granite in it, i highly recommend that.

Dave funny you should post this as i am looking at the same thing.  I was thinking about the one without the granite and getting that locally.

Was waiting for the winter to end and then was thinking about asking Dennis if he can make a matching cover for the KK.

Davey

Eddie Mac I will take Couple of pictures of all the stuff I have in my cabinet I store everything I have in my cabinet except for the half grill, which I could put in there but I have a different storage place. It may be a couple hours before I have the pictures but I promise I’ll send some. Have a great day 

48 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Eddie Mac I will take Couple of pictures of all the stuff I have in my cabinet I store everything I have in my cabinet except for the half grill, which I could put in there but I have a different storage place. It may be a couple hours before I have the pictures but I promise I’ll send some. Have a great day 

Great thanks Bruce 

Aloha Eddie Mac here are the pictures. The drawers are a little messy but I just wanted to show you how much you can get in there, that one drawer has my cold smoker in it plus my heat gun and a bunch of assorted other parts and fire starters.  The middle drawer has a pair of leather gloves for heat and a pair of silicone gloves for heat, a bunch of miscellaneous parts for my rotisserie. The last drawer is pretty empty except for my thermometer. The pull out  shells are loaded with accessories the top shelf on the right has my pizza stone and one of the shelves for my KK. The next shelf down as the double bottom drip pan and the other side shelf for my KK. The bottom shelf has a grill grate smoke pot The drip pan that came with my KK and some wood chips. The middle shelves are kind of small they don’t pull out but I have my loofah lighterin one of them. The two shells on the right have all my rotisserie baskets on them I bought all three of them. I also have the rotisserie rod which is on the left side shelf you can see it in the picture. So As you can see it holds a lot. One caution though I designed this cabinet And it’s quite tall. I’m 6 feet tall so it fits me perfect, but anyone shorter it might be a little too tall for them.  I hope this answers some of your questions let me know if you have anymore. If you decide to buy a cabinet Dennis is the man to talk to he builds beautiful furniture 

17BE94B3-8BD0-4D5E-80DE-C2E164B67206.jpeg

0BA20794-A152-4EA8-B73C-062EF49E5AC9.jpeg

DB47E8BD-D2EE-4730-AC12-9B903536139B.jpeg

7A70922D-96C0-4050-B674-26A2E7AE8A9E.jpeg

1C70DF2B-C47C-451A-AB0B-A346BAFCB9E9.jpeg

3E7BD245-9E75-4ED8-AB32-3CA9168B47AB.jpeg

B72E38AB-CBF1-41FB-8189-5259A9C9C635.jpeg

D1BAF33C-1832-45BD-B95D-B9A19D655259.jpeg

BD25C13D-CE07-428A-9CD1-F99298EC8EC9.jpeg

275FF7B3-E468-4020-943C-723F01BF56C1.jpeg

• Like 1