ckreef

Maybe one day.

Welcome to the forum..

Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions or there is anything I can do to help you get cooking on a KK..

Will definitely give you a call before to long. I've checked out everything on the website so I am at least familiar with the different models.

ckreef - LOL! Does skreef know you're here?

It's great to see you here. You know what 5698k and I think of the KK lime of products; if there is ever anything with which I can help you, just yank my cord. And a call to Dennis is a delight.

Hey, if you and skreef want, drive on down to OKC and we'll do some cooking on TheBeast. He loves company! I've got a spare bedroom you and skreef are more than welcome to use as long as you want to stay.

ckreef - LOL! Does skreef know you're here?

It's great to see you here. You know what 5698k and I think of the KK lime of products; if there is ever anything with which I can help you, just yank my cord. And a call to Dennis is a delight.

Hey, if you and skreef want, drive on down to OKC and we'll do some cooking on TheBeast. He loves company! I've got a spare bedroom you and skreef are more than welcome to use as long as you want to stay.

TY CC if we are ever over that way I'll definitely take you up on the invite.

I told her I joined a new forum and I had decided what brand ceramic I wanted.

She said "Another grill, we don't need another grill !!!" It's at that point I started laying on the luvin extra thick - LOL. No worries she'll come around soon enough.

TY CC if we are ever over that way I'll definitely take you up on the invite.

I told her I joined a new forum and I had decided what brand ceramic I wanted.

She said "Another grill, we don't need another grill !!!" It's at that point I started laying on the luvin extra thick - LOL. No worries she'll come around soon enough.

LOL!! Did I tell you about the shed out back that has a cot and a blanket? You'll have to fight JackJumper for it, but I"m not getting in between you and skreef! I'm not nearly as stupid as I look!

• Like 1

LOL!! Did I tell you about the shed out back that has a cot and a blanket? You'll have to fight JackJumper for it, but I"m getting in between you and skreef! I'm not nearly as stupid as I look!

She asked about the price a few minutes ago. I need to tread lightly or I'll be sleeping outside in my shed with the IronHorse. Although life could be worse.
  • Like 1

Welcome! There’s a ton of good information here. 

If it helps, my wife gave me the “you’re nuts for getting this grill†look more than a few times when we discussed buying a KK grill. Once it got to our house, and after I cooked a couple of meals for her, she had no more reservations about whether this was a good purchase or not. She’s seen a BGE and a KJ, and she clearly thinks that the KK grills are in a class above those brands.

• Like 2

I can vouch for the OMG you spent what on that grill and you dont need another one conversation.

Then i managed to get a KK and gave away the bge and the number of conversations have not been about why you need something so big to what can we get cooked today...

I had a medium bge and then got the 23" KK so I went from 100 inches of cooking to dam near 1000 if I use anything :)

Ck, You my friend have begun the inevitable descent down the slippery KK slope. A little look at the website. Back to look at pictures of the grills at home section. Take a browse through the tile choices. Look at the different models available in the store section. Start staring at the spot that you would put it on the deck or in the backyard. Maybe throw in a Google search and look at the images you find.

Most all of us have been there. Nobody regrets their purchase. Brace yourself. The obsession only gets worse after you order one and you are waiting for it to arrive. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

• Like 1

I've already made the decision. Mrs skreef if not fully convinced yet but I tend to buy what I want anyway so I'm sure she will come around.

Currently in the middle of refurbishing my game room complete with a small walk-in bar so all the spare cash is going for that project. Soon enough though I'll figure out the money details.

• Like 1

Let her pick the color and tell her it's hers. Let her name it, do whatever you need to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, what he said! Especially the pick the color part. Just like buying a new car! 

The best part - you get ALL the major parts/accessories with a KK, no "nickel & dime" treatment like with BGE (my pet peeve with them, which is one of the reasons I went with a KK and have NEVER looked back!)

Not a bad idea as we have similar tastes when it comes to stuff like that. I was planning on showing her the color choices soon so she can start getting use to the idea.

She has only seen pictures of the exotic bright colors. She told me she thought they looked gaudy. I was in one of those moods so I responded by telling her one of her private parts looked gaudy :o

That didn't go over too well - what was I thinking - LOL

• Like 1

Ckreef - what Rob, aka 5698k, said. SWMBOI asked why I was even thinking about getting another KK, the 19 High Cap. I told her it was hers. GOODY! Nothing else was said except "Do I get to pick the color?". I said "Beloved, you can get any color you want!". The room went silent as she looked at every page on the KK website for the next 2 hours!