GrillingMontana

Quick overview of some recent ribs (video)

So this is my first time posting a video from youtube or anywhere for that matter.  My apologies if it does not show up here.  I did a couple racks recently, for 5 hours, raised-inderect over a large water bath.

One rack got a hoisin, ginger, oyster sauce, ketchup, maple syrup concoction that was amazing.

Still have a third rack of pork and 2 large beef racks to make soon!  Cheers- Paul

From the smoke rising at the beginning of that video, I'm betting that you only had the lid latched in the first position.

You need to press down the handle and firmly press the paddle on the latch towards the grills body. A bearing will roll up and over a cam in the catch and pull the lid snugly closed..

"One rack got a hoisin, ginger, oyster sauce, ketchup, maple syrup concoction that was amazing."

Recipe, please!

Add some gochujang (Korean chile paste) and try it on those beef ribs.

Tony-  yet again, this is a concoction where I wish I had kept some semblance of a recipe.  SWMBO loved the sauce and she never goes for BBQ sauce or anything leaning toward more sweet than savory. It did also have some cooking sherry in it as well come to think of it-  :dontknow:

Trust me, I completely understand, because that's how I do most of my cooking! And unless it's a recipe that I'm doing for the first time, I rarely measure anything either (except for baking!) What's worse is that I have all these jars/bottles of homemade spice blends and marinades, etc. lying around that I have no clue what I put in them! :tongue3: