tinyfish

Say hello to the newest KK 23 owner.

Well I did it, I finally pulled the trigger on a KK 23 in bronze metallic. I am going to take delivery near the end of May. Now the hard part begins....the wait. Now its time to think of a name for my KK. The first name that comes to mind is piggy bank because I had to smash piggy bank for the purchase. LOL

I would like to thank everyone that responded to my early threads asking for advice, you are all so helpful, thank you.

It will be hard to even come close to CC's excellent photo shoot of welcoming Beauty.

• Like 2

Congratulations! I know you'll be very happy with your purchase. The end of May? It must be coming from Indonesia. The waiting is brutal, but you'll enjoy the delivery even that much more. I hope you got some charcoal!! Keep us updated, and any pics are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congratulations tinyfish. This will be the longest two months of your life. Enjoy the endless perusing of the KK website as you wait for your grill to land in-country. The worst is to come when you know it is in town, but the local delivery company can't come for a week.

In all seriousness, many congrats for joining the club. Though I have owned it for less than a year, I can't tell you how many pleasurable hours that I have spent on my Terra Blue 23".

You don't get the secret password and handshake until you post your first cook.

• Like 1

Welcome, tinyfish, I'm sure you will be thrilled with your new grill. :) It must be so exciting and the closer you get to the end of May it will be even more exciting :)

MacKenzie, are you a new member or one from the past? I haven't seen you post before, but welcome just the same.

What Robert (aka 5698k) said. If you got an OTB 23", you can load up the pallet with 15 boxes of Coco Charcoal. DO IT! You won't regret it.

Thanks Tony b. I have a good connection for some excellent charcoal from Argentina. It is a very dence hardwood charcoal. That being said, I have heard nothing but good things about the Coco charcoal. I should try some, can't hurt. Since I live in Canada I can't order from Amazon.com so I will only be able to get it direct from Indonesia.

Tiny - Buddy, it is so very good to have you in the Club!  Welcome aboard!  You are in for an experience that will exceed your wildest dreams!

You know, I've "met" the best folks here!  KKers are the most amazing folks I've met starting with Dennis, then Rob (5698k), Wilbur, that nut in Cedar Rapids aka tonyb, and the list goes on.  WE've a fair number joining us here from other kamado forum due to the posts by certain members there.  From Dennis on down, it is my pleasure to be associated with each and every one of you great people.  Tiny ... its great to know you!

• Like 2

Hang on for the ride of your life. Also, as we said in another thread - go out now and buy a new belt, 2 sizes bigger, because you're gonna gain that much weight when you start cooking on the KK; you're gonna want to cook everything in sight, just for the fun of it (and, oh yeah, because it's damned tasty, too!!!)

• Like 1

You know, I've "met" the best folks here!  KKers are the most amazing folks I've met starting with Dennis, then Rob (5698k), Wilbur, that nut in Cedar Rapids aka tonyb, and the list goes on.  WE've a fair number joining us here from other kamado forum due to the posts by certain members there.  From Dennis on down, it is my pleasure to be associated with each and every one of you great people.  

Hey, I resemble that remark!  :tongue3:

Hey tiny, is it getting to you yet? You know, the waiting. Excruciating isn't it?

Everyone on this forum knows what it's like. I won't tell you that it will be here before you know it......because it won't. Every day sloooooooooowly passes. How many times have you been back to the website after you bought it to look at the pictures? You can tell us. Nobody will know.

Welcome.......to........the.......obsession

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.