ckreef

My Pizza Journey

Great looking pizzas! I’m really looking forward to seeing your dough recipes.

I’m a Chicago native, and love Chicago-style deep dish pizza. I’m not the greatest at dealing with dough, and this may be considered heresy, but Bisquick makes a pretty decent deep dish pizza dough. It’s relatively light, it holds up well to the weight of the cheese and sausage, and it browns nicely in the pan.

Just a couple more weeks and I'll post all 4 recipes.

As far as Bisquick goes - hey if it works and you're happy with it then it's a good recipe.

My recipes are what I came up with for the way I like to do it. They might not be for everyone but they are tried and true for my use.

CK you've done it again....you have me licking my chops first thing in the morning.

Have you considered opening a bed and breakfast at the Reefs, you have the cooking skills for it.

Maybe a limited seating, limited menu Backyard Bistro open one or two nights a week. If I win the lottery and get bored spending the money - LOL

ckreef, what an awesome pizza and so much fun to watch the process through those lovely pixs :love::smt023:smt023

TY MacKenzie.

If I have the time and it's appropriate I try and take a full set of pictures for most of my decent cooks. It helps that I have a very cooperative family when it comes to foodie pics.

I've also gotten pretty fast at snapping pics, cropping and posting.

ckreef - this is not like you! What the heck happened?

I don't know. Very frustrating.

I had 3 dough balls. They came out too sticky. Maybe I screwed up measuring the flour. The first one I worked some flour into it. Big mistake it would no longer stretch properly. In the trash it went.

I learned from that mistake and still had 2 balls left. 2 balls will feed the family in a pinch. The second ball stretched OK but was still too sticky and wouldn't properly launch which made a mess. In the trash it went.

One ball won't feed a family of 3 and it's not like the last ball was going to be any different from the first 2. Everything in the trash.

The last 5 tines I made this dough it was perfect. So good I was perfecting my toss in the air technique.

Perfection or trash - tonight I choose trash - LOL

ckreef, sometimes no matter what you do nothing works but you've got to know that things will get better :icon_smile: Next time it will work perfectly :iconbiggrin:

TY MacKenzie - no worries it will get better. After doing pizza once a week like clockwork for over a year it was just frustrating.

ckreef - what do you call a guy who fails 7 out of 10 times?  HALL OF FAMER!  Buddy, I've see your cooks for some time now and I"d say your're hitting it out the park 99 times out of 100!  I think you're allowed a less than perfect outcome occasionally.  Keep your chin up.  

Let's put this in perspective.  Look no bones were broken, no arterial bleeding, skreef stills loves you, Hawke is a great kid, and you're a KK owner!  Life doesn't get much better!