howardjoyce

Komodo Kamado gone missing. . .

To my dismay, my grill went missing from my backyard while I was on vacation.  

I filed a police report and have checked local craigslist and other on-line adverts to see if someone might be trying to sell on-line....but nothing so far.  The grill in question was a Terra Blue Ultimate 23" OTB (affectionately named "Tatay" by my young son) purchased in 2011.

I don't assume that these get stolen very often (if at all), so would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if they see this model for sale in the Southern California area.

Thanks....

CRAP!  Start checking those who have been in your back yard.  Someone had to have known it was there and what it was worth.  Your basic sleazeball has no idea what you had or what it was worth.  Somebody you have had in your backyard knew you were on vacation and took your grill.  Sorry to say, but I'm afraid its true.  

I hope that you get Tatay back.  This sucks, my friend!

Argh.. Except one that went missing on it's way back east out at one of the largest truckers terminals, I've never heard of one being stolen.

I had one guy get all his stainless grates stolen twice.. soon after their newly installed CCT captured some neighborhood kids looking inside for a third go.

Hope it turns up.. Sorry for your loss..

Really sorry to hear about that.

Just keep looking on Craigslist and e-bay. If they are going to sell it, eventually it will show up. They may wait a while but eventually it will. I imagine Dennis has records of everyone who has ever bought one so proving it isn't theirs should be fairly easy.

Set a google alert for 'Komodo Kamado For Sale'...  That sucks.  I'm guessing it was stolen in broad daylight by a crew that may have looked like they were supposed to be there doing something legit.  Hard to imagine it getting moved out silently at night without someone noticing, but maybe.