howardjoyce

Komodo Kamado gone missing. . .

I have remotely activated his KK's flashback recovery alert system.. First time he takes the grill to high temps, the damper top will spin closed, front draft door will also close and after 8 minutes the grill's latch will open creating a huge flashback that will be picked up by infrared sensors in our satellites that will send exact coordinates to the local popo..

His goose will be well cooked!

• Like 3

Fortunately, Dennis will not have to activate the flashback recovery alert system.

Received a call yesterday afternoon from the Palm Springs Police that "Tatay" had been found. The police were kind enough to deliver directly to my house in PS later that afternoon. Other than a broken wheel caster and a 1/2 layer of dust, Tatay looks to be none the worse for wear.

My 8 yr old son was in tears when the grill was stolen...over the moon now that we have Tatay back home. Love storybook endings....

Big thanks to Wilbur for spotting the craigslist posting and Dennis for his amazing forensic photo analysis skills and vigilance in tracking me down. And of course...thanks to all for the empathy/suggestions/good wishes through this ordeal.

Howard

• Like 1

What a great story! I'm sorry I missed this, I'm in Palm Springs several times a month for work. Would have helped any way I could.

Where are you at in the desert Howard? I go to Eisenhower hospital quite frequently, and stay at the new Ritz whenever I can get a rare below my expense budget.

Very happy you got your grill back!!'