ckreef

Random Bistro Cooks

ckreef - beautiful cook. You never cease to amaze me with your cooks on a small kamado. I'm really not sure I could do as well as you on such a small space.

Charles, just how big is Prometheus front to back? I know he's 16.5" across, but how deep? You use every square inch of that grate. Kudos on a great looking cook!

Charles, just how big is Prometheus front to back? I know he's 16.5" across, but how deep? You use every square inch of that grate. Kudos on a great looking cook!

The main grate (after you account for the handles) is rectangular in shape approximately 13" x 12". Seems small by the numbers but much more usable space then my Akorn Jr at 14" round.

The key is finding properly sized pans etc.... to fit on it.

Fiery Shrimp - flavor profile test.

Don't look at this post (everyone on the other forum - LOL ). This is not the cook but rather a flavor profile test for an upcoming cook.

Close but not there yet - will give it another test this coming week.

8ebf4edeee4ad42df1c5a936cd0ad10e.jpg

It was a decent test and we gobbled them up but it wasn't the flavor I was looking for.

Oh well might run to the store for another test this afternoon. Really tough job trying to get it just right - LOL

Someone has to make the sacrifice and you're just the man to do it :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :iconbiggrin:

ckreef - wow! I see you've discovered apricot preserves. Try mixing that with some nice bourbon whiskey and you've got a heavenly glaze for ribs, chops, etc.

Hawke is not super fond of apricots so I usually use peach. I love everything Apricot, so last night I did it my way. I thought about doing a more fancy glaze but I really wanted a quick dinner so I could get onto some Bistro cleaning chores.

Please tell me that you're not using your top shelf bourbon in BBQ sauce???

When I use liquor it's usually a crap ass, cheap 80 proof Brandy. The good stuff I use for marinating the chef.

• Like 1

Hawke is not super fond of apricots so I usually use peach. I love everything Apricot, so last night I did it my way. I thought about doing a more fancy glaze but I really wanted a quick dinner so I could get onto some Bistro cleaning chores.

When I use liquor it's usually a crap ass, cheap 80 proof Brandy. The good stuff I use for marinating the chef.

LOL....I love marinating the chef too.

Like my favorite apron says, "I cook with Wine. Some actually goes into the Food!"

I have two "sets" of liquor - the cheap sh!t in the kitchen for cooking (Rum, Tequila, Brandy, Bourbon, dry Sherry, and Marsala) and the good stuff for "marinating the chef" on the bar - and never shall the two cross paths!!!  :wynar:

• Like 1

Like my favorite apron says, "I cook with Wine. Some actually goes into the Food!"

I have two "sets" of liquor - the cheap sh!t in the kitchen for cooking (Rum, Tequila, Brandy, Bourbon, dry Sherry, and Marsala) and the good stuff for "marinating the chef" on the bar - and never shall the two cross paths!!!  :wynar:

I know where I'm heading :pint: