Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tinyfish

rotisserie motor rotation/direction

Thanks, but I guess I don't have permission for that area of the forum.

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

oh, sorry. here it is, again h/t tony b.

1. First step is to remove the cover on the motor. There is a small screw on the bottom of the motor housing. Remove it. Then, using a flat blade screwdriver, insert the blade between the two tabs on the top of the motor housing and gently pry the cover off. Note: you do NOT have to remove the two screws on the back of the motor. They hold the motor assembly in place.

2. Next, with the cover off, you want to locate the “saddle” piece that holds the motor rotor (the round piece in the middle) in place. There are two screws, one on each side of the saddle. Remove those screws (they are long) and lift off the saddle piece. Be careful as there is a small brass grommet inside the saddle. Don’t lose it!

3. Now, you want to take the large stator winding piece (it’s the large piece surrounding the motor rotor), and lift that up off the motor rotor. Next, flip the winding piece over, so what was originally the top is now the bottom, and return it to around the motor rotor (you have now reversed the magnetic field of the motor, which will reverse the direction it spins.) Align the little brass grommet in the saddle around the motor shaft and set the saddle back in place. Replace the two long screws that hold down the saddle.

4. Because in this new position, the stator windings extend further down in the motor housing, you have to be careful that it does NOT make contact with the two wire leads on the on/off switch in the cover, or you will short out the windings when you turn it on (SAFETY HAZARD) and will most likely burn up your motor!! Carefully bend the two wire leads (you don’t have to remove the wires) toward the bottom of the motor cover, making sure that they do not touch each other (SAFETY HAZARD). I went the extra step of individually insulating them with electrical tape.

5. Before you put the cover back on, plug in the motor and turn it on to make sure that the motor spins. If there is any slight interference causing the rotor not to spin smoothly (all it does is hum or buzz), then turn the switch off and unplug the motor, then slightly loosen the two screws holding down the saddle. Plug the motor back in and turn it back on. This should allow the rotor to seat itself in place in the gears and begin rotating (now in the other direction!). Turn off the switch and unplug the motor. Gently tighten the two screws on the saddle.

6. Replace the cover on the motor, being careful not to pinch any of the wires in the process and cut through the insulation (SAFETY HAZARD). Insert the tabs on the top of the motor housing into the slots in the cover. Align the holes on the bottom of the cover and housing and replace the small screw that holds it in place. (Replacing this little bugger was the hardest part of the job!)
  • Like 2

Hey Susan!!! Where you been girl??

Lol. Thought you were talking bout me.. Just going to say "im present" lol when i can get on that is<.>

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gnomatic said:

Thank you, Ed, Thank you Tony!  I finally have a functional roti!

Your welcome and big thanks to Ed for finding the thread and tony b for making the thread. 

Time to spin some dinner. 

12 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Direction solution..   Hex sleeve with shaft and clip

Need to sell current inventory first...

NewRotiSleeves.jpg

Those look really good, Dennis.   No rest for the wicked.  Seems like like the evolution of the KK never ceases.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gnomatic said:

Don't worry, I didn't smash the motor.  Opened a beer instead, :)

I like that solution better, too! :drinkers: