MacKenzie

Rice Cooker Mac & Cheese

I never make plain rice - only pilaf. I pull out the insert and put it on my stove burner and saute the onions, garlic, 

spices, brown the rice, etc in olive oil and then put it back in the cooker with the requisite liquid. I have to watch it

carefully while on the burner and stir frequently since its like a cheap aluminum pan but the results are well worth

the effort. It's only a few minutes in the beginning that you have to pay attention getting it started and then you're

home free in terms of having it perfect at the time of serving. 

OK, you've convinced me that I should use the damned thing more often, now that you've shown me the way to do pilaf in it! Not sure whether to thank you or curse you, Susan??  :laughing6:

You'll thank me for sure, Tony. I know you like to entertain and what could be better when entertaining

than being able to serve a side perfectly cooked that you can put on a couple of hours before your guests

arrive and know it will be perfect at the time of serving without you having to pay any attention to it after

it is started in advance!!  About your cooker being difficult to clean, hopefully sauteing the rice in olive oil

or butter for the pilaf will help with that.