DennisLinkletter

Award - Top 10 Luxury Grills -AmazingRibs.com

Dennis - this is a really nice promo that you and KK has earned.  But I'm kind of sitting here going DUH!  This listing by AmazingRibs.com is listed under Blatantly Obvious in my world.  KK, the ultimate in luxury grills .... Geez, ya THINK!?

Very nicely done, Dennis!  Nicely done indeed!  I hope this helps you sell every grill you can make!

KK, the ultimate in luxury grills .... Geez, ya THINK!?

Yup they are the ultimate luxury grill but more importantly (for me anyway) they are the ultimate work horse of a grill.

Don't get me wrong Prometheus is an awesome looking kamado but .....

I live in the country, I don't have a fancy house, my grills are tucked away in the woods and not many people get invited over. No worries for me, I bought the best because I use it almost every day. It makes my daily cooking easier and the more I use it the easier it gets.

They say ultimate luxury grill, I say ultimate daily use grill.

• Like 1

Charles - I couldn't agree more!  I was just thinking the same thing this morning at coffee with the guys!  One guy visits Amazing Rbis often and he said he saw the award in the luxury category.  I told him that my KKs aren't luxuries but rather necessities!  He looked at me with this incredulous look.  I asked him if he liked my BBQ.  He said Heck Yeah!  Great Stuff! he said.  I told him that to get such great Q it was a necessity that I have a KK!  He just said, "OKAY!"  Short conversation!

First, congrats Dennis.  Your KK's belong on the 'Best Value' and 'Top Luxury' lists...and a host of others.

Whenever I'm buying anything that costs more than $1,000, I ask myself two simple questions:  1.  How often will I use it.  2.  How long will it last.  From there, it is a simple calculation to get to a cost per use figure.  As I've grown wiser (not older), I've found this to helps me make better decisions.

A few examples where I have spent top dollar:

1.  Mattress ($5,000 mattress that will last 10 years = $1.37 / Use)

2.  Business Shoes ($1000 for two pair that will be rotated and last for 3 years being used 5 days a week = $1.28 / Use)

3.  Jeans ($200 for a pair that will last 2 years and will see 4 days of use per week = $0.48 / Use)

I could go on.

With this mentality, I find myself buying fewer things, but the things I do buy are high quality and I try to choose 'timeless' styles / colors.  I think I save money in the long run - and I have some nice stuff, just not lots of it (except BBQs...I have lots of BBQs).

Now, lets have fun:

4.  Komodo Kamado ($4440 for Metallic Bronze 23" OTB; 3 days per week for 20 years = $1.42/use).  Let's call it $1.50/use with minimal routine maintenance over that period of time.

Now let's look at that silly BBQ Boat that is also on that 'Luxury' list:

$50,000 for a boat you might use 50 times a year if you live on a lake.  You use it for 10 years before you realize how impractical it is.  Cost per use = $100.00

The Boat-B-Q, my friends, is a luxury.  The KK is luxurious, but also delivers a tremendous amount of value.

Cookie

-----

*This message was not approved or paid for by Dennis Linkletter*