the biffer

New KK23 owner

That's great to know. I was a little concerned if I'd be able to pull it out on my ODK area especially in the winter when I have the shutters on window which would be directly behind the grill and I do mean directly. I want to move it so that I can see the temp from inside the house through the sliding glass door. No, I'm not lazy but I don't want to put a jacket on to go out and check the temp. in the middle of winter plus I want the smoke up the inside of the ODK area. I hope my KK makes the boat some time this coming week. :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

I'll ask this here, "How easy it to roll the KK 23 on a deck? Just want to know if it's reasonably easy to  do. I'm getting the 21 but it weighs the same as the 23 and the base unit is the same as the 23. In the winter especially I will want to put it out a few feet to use it. Do you think I'll be able to do that?

If you have a deck already then the KK23 is a piece of cake to roll....just requires a hard lean to get it going...make sure someone is steering though! Mine is on a concrete patio which is typically rougher than a patio deck so you should be in great shape.

Grills should be vented max 625-650ºf     The temps have gone up as we added more aerogel  now starts about 525-550º

The vapor at 750º is much too explosive.. much too much pressure.  Will always dislodge or cause a bubble.. 

New heat deflector is grill shaped.. 

If it's polished it's a baking stone

HeatDeflector

attachicon.gif23%22HeatDeflector copy.jpg

New 23 Baking Stone

attachicon.gifNew23BakingStone.jpg

Dennis just sent me an updated PDF manual  suggestng the stone doubles as a baking stone as well as a heat deflector...at least the grill shaped one I have.

If you have a deck already then the KK23 is a piece of cake to roll....just requires a hard lean to get it going...make sure someone is steering though! Mine is on a concrete patio which is typically rougher than a patio deck so you should be in great shape.

I may have to get a loop so I can pull it out of it's home. I will not be able to get behind it to push and I doubt that pulling on the handle is advisable;) Good to know that I will be able to get it back on once I'm done cooking:) This is going to be a one person job so I can see some interesting times ahead. Maybe I can get one to those belts the linemen use to climb a pole. I could even get run over if I wasn't careful  :sign5:

A tip on using the Guru - your top hat damper should just be barely off the seat, regardless of your desired grill temp. Let the Guru fan force the air through instead of the usual nature draw. With that 20 cfm fan, you shouldn't have any problems moving air through that tiny gap. However, on a windy day - there's an adjustable damper in the nozzle of the fan, close that down to almost closed if it's really windy out; otherwise, when the fan's not running, the wind blowing across the top hat will vacuum drag too much air into the KK and your temperature will go up above your setpoint. The Guru can't bring the temp back down, it will just stop running; you'll just have to close it down and wait for the temps to decay back naturally, which can take a while depending on how much above the setpoint the temps get and for how long. 

Learned this one the hard way - on a very windy day, the grill temp went almost 50F above my setpoint before I noticed. Cook was over before it came back down to where I'd set the Guru. Didn't ruin the cook (pork butt), but it did cook faster than I was planning. Moral of the story - while the Guru makes long cooks easier, it isn't foolproof, as this Fool found out!! :jester:

• Like 1

Finally tried out the Guru and was pretty impressed how well it worked and easy install. Nice to have it plug & play ready. Not sure if I mentioned before I bought all the rotisserie attachments and motor recently however the basket assembly came with missing parts such as the shafts and springs and mounting bracket. Well it finally arrived today and much to my dismay I cannot get this thing to mount properly and the bracket does not align with the hole to the motor for starters. Is there anyyone who can share their advice and experiences with me what my next steps are.I think Dennis must be tired of hearing my gripes by now...thanks.

Finally tried out the Guru and was pretty impressed how well it worked and easy install. Nice to have it plug & play ready. Not sure if I mentioned before I bought all the rotisserie attachments and motor recently however the basket assembly came with missing parts such as the shafts and springs and mounting bracket. Well it finally arrived today and much to my dismay I cannot get this thing to mount properly and the bracket does not align with the hole to the motor for starters. Is there anyyone who can share their advice and experiences with me what my next steps are.I think Dennis must be tired of hearing my gripes by now...thanks.

I replied what I know about the cradle in the other thread. When I get my One Grill motor I can let you know if it needs adjustments.