Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
GoFrogs91

Smoking Wood Preferences

The other key to the CI smoker is placement on the lit charcoal. Don't bury the smoker in the middle of the charcoal. As the charcoal burns away, the pot will stop smoking. Set it on top of the lit charcoal. 

• Like 1

Any good recipes for the flour paste I usually use just foil and it has worked great but the last time I used it it had a leak .lakes are bad lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I have to admit that I don't precisely measure it. Usually about a 1/3 cup AP flour in a sandwich bag, then drizzle in water and squish it around until I get the consistency I want - think Playdoh. Mix thoroughly, as it will fake you out sometimes and have a dry flour pocket in the middle. Twist up the top of the bag, snip off a bottom corner and pipe the paste onto the lip of the lid. Do this over the sink or outside, as it can get messy.

• Like 1

You got it - homemade pastry bag. But I have to admit that I stole this idea from the smoker pot master, himself, Syzygies! 

• Like 2

A good source of smoke wood is someone selling firewood. You'll get much more for your buck than those bags of dried out smoke wood in the box stores. The guys around here will sell you a few logs/splits so you don't have to buy a whole rick. I can get red oak, pecan, hickory and cherry locally. Cherry being harder to find.  But give your spouse/buddy/room mate/squeeze, a sample of your bbq and ask them what smoke wood they think you used.  I'll bet they can't tell.  Pecan is my go to wood because it compliments just about anything.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, tony b said:

Twist up the top of the bag, snip off a bottom corner and pipe

This works great for deviled eggs also.

I have to say pecan will top my list but if you can get hold of some pear it's a bit milder than apple but we'll worth it on the white meats

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1