EGGARY

Kamado Joe Road Trip Charcoal

I went to the Kamado Joe website to see if they have some sort of affiliation with Costco and could find no such connection. Then I went to their dealer locator to see if they indicated Costco but in fact all the dealers in my area are those Conn's stores that sell TV's appliances and so on. Since the original post specifically mentioned charcoal I checked the Kamado Joe website to see if they sell their own brand of charcoal and they do. I checked and saw that all of those warehouse locations listed at the top of the post do refer to Costco locations. Maybe this guy is going to go try to sell Komodo Joe charcoal to Costco.

Just a wild ass guess.

KJ does this roadshow tour held at Costco's. You are buying direct from KJ. It basically undermines all the dealers in the area by undercutting their prices and leaving them out of the deal. Sacrifice any hope of a decent dealer network (long term sales) for the sake of the immediate sale.

KJ sells their own brand of lump and it's supposed to be a decent lump (never personally tried it). Can probably get it cheap at a Costco roadshow location.

OK been wanting to get that off my chest for a while now. Scared if I did that on the Guru I would be booed off the stage - drawn and quartered - then left for the vultures.

• Like 1

It's supposed to be good lump - let us know what you think of it.

Unfortunately the closest KJ dealer is 2 hours away. The KJ corporate office/showroom is 2 hours away. (this paragraph holds true for Primo also)

If KJ (or Primo for that matter) had a local dealer I probably would have never gotten a KK. Glad they didn't because I love my KK and at this point I have fully absorbed the cost.