MacKenzie

Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin

Looks great!  When I am not eating BBQ, I mostly eat super clean. Pork tenderloin in the sous vide is my main staple. I don't think there is a meat on the planet that benefits more. It is essentially fat free, so can dry out otherwise.

Looks great!  When I am not eating BBQ, I mostly eat super clean. Pork tenderloin in the sous vide is my main staple. I don't think there is a meat on the planet that benefits more. It is essentially fat free, so can dry out otherwise.

Might want to look into rabbit. Easy to raise.

Previously SVed pork tenderloin for dinner today along with some caramelized carrots and SVed potatoes.

Picked the carrots fresh from the garden, washed, cut them up and put them in a frying pan with some oil. Turned the heat up to brown the outside once that was done added some water and the lid so the carrots could steam until done. They were very tasty but did loose some of the colour. Next time I'll brown them even more. The potatoes were SVed in a glucose solution for 32 mins. drained and put through the ricer, very nice. I dropped the pork into the 194F that the potatoes were in for the last 5 mins. of the cook.

dTWoWGF.jpg

Mow it's time for a nice cup of coffee made with my new Espro Press, which gives me a very nice clean cup of coffee, French Press style. I like the coffee even better than what I make in the Aeropress and it is easier too. It has a double filter system making for a clean cuppa. Put the coffee in the double walled mug, add the water, wait 4 min. and it is a very easy press down and pour into a waiting mug. Simple to clean, can you tell I'm impressed.:) They make several different sizes and I bought the smallest, 8 oz.

fysulFl.jpg

Reef, the AeroPress is a good one to try then. I use mine every morning, as I've cut way back on my coffee intake in the mornings since retirement to one mug. 

http://www.amazon.com/Aeropress-Coffee-and-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1447796277&sr=8-6&keywords=Espro+Press

MacKenzie, how is it easier than the Aero? Sounds almost identical to me. Granted the filter system on this one looks better and sounds like it produces a nicer cup, but is it a big improvement? 

I use the inversion technique for the AeroPress, you probably do to.

To me the advantages of the EsproPress are:

1. Get hotter coffee, while the coffee water is heating I have hot tap water in the double walled mug as a result my coffee is much hotter when I pour it off into the cup.

2. The plunging is much easier, it is so smooth, requires not much pressure. I find having it balanced on the mug a little precarious when pressing the coffee through.

3. I get a full cup from the EspoPress where I get a small cup from the AeroPress. Normally I drink Espresso but there are times when I want to sit and sip the coffee so I'm looking for a full cup.

That's my song and dance;)

I bought mine through a Canadian Company and this is the model  I bought.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/espro-french-coffee-press/

Here is a better one    http://espro.ca/espro-press/

I've done the inversion technique on the Aero, but mostly just use it normally. But, I just barely stick the plunger into the barrel to hold the water in contact with the coffee longer (only a little can drip out as it creates a vacuum and stops the water from flowing through - hope that made sense?) So, it's like the inversion technique in maintaining longer contact between the water and the coffee, but a bit easier to manage - no flipping it over onto the mug. 

I normally make an Americano, with 2 scoops of coffee & 195F water up to the #2 line, wait 30 seconds and then press. I add the rest of my hot water to fill up the mug. Usually add a couple of ice cubes to drop the temp down so I don't scald my mouth taking the first couple of sips. My dogs are so conditioned to this routine that they come running to the fridge when they hear the ice dispenser to get pieces of ice (one of their favorite treats). Back when I used the drip coffee maker, they learned to associate the beep of the coffee maker with getting an ice cube treat, so they'd come running when it beeped - Pavlov would be proud - LOL!!