DaveyR

24 Hour brisket

bryan - what happened to Cookshack???  Is he tied up in the shed while you and your mates try to steal his KK?

I no longer have the shack. The other building on the property has a 12x50 porch on one side.

Thirty fee is being set up for Ralph. Thinking about rustic with a forever floor. Tables for eating and a cook area for Ralph and his friends.

hhmm i cant seem to upload any photo's this morning.

It has come out great.  Meat is at a good constant temp of 180.  It topped out at 184 from memory.

But i had to shut down the top damper and really just let it go out.

Ok so after tasting it some lessons learned.

Just cause you can cook a brisket for 24 hours dosnt mean that you should. Wife loved it but i thought it was like eating dry sand and carboard all mixed.  

So for the wedding will not do that will have to do the pre-cook and then a reheat.

No more photo's to upload as nothing that should be seen in public.

Davey, does it have to be brisket for the wedding???  The nature of cooking brisket to 200F doesn't lend itself well to reheating.  You can hold it, wrapped in towels in a cooler, for 4-5 hours and it will stay hot and serve very well.  I don't think you are going to be happy with a re-heat option either (IMHO).

Thanks for being honest about how it turned out.  I've torched my share of cooks, have screwed up more pizzas than Dominos delivers during the Super Bowl, and lots of lessons learned the hard way.  Makes us all better KKers.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 1

cookie - I reheat cooks in 160* and less water. (Nu-Wave)

Seems if I stay below the internal cooked temp product stays like when it came off grill. Am interested how it works for others.

I do this with pulled pork frozen product and have no lump (charcoal) taste.

Will try in another week again where i will bring up to temp much faster and then ice bath it to cool it down.

Then see what happens. Will also try with a much smaller brisket as will a 18 pound fit on.  Yes is it a good fit not really as it is fully across i think that 2 12 pounders would be as good.

We are doing pulled pork as well Cookie but was looking for something that could feed lots and would be able to be cooked and not have to be watched over.  Now that i am going to have to do the reheat option then it opens things back up to stuff like ribs instead.

DaveyR  SV supreme will work just fine.  After you cool product vac seal in several packages. Send them thru the water bath as needed to keep adding hot food.

Works great. Unopened bags are cooled and stored in freezer for future use. (I go straight from freezer to water batr for thawing and heating.