LeadDog

Lookie Here

c'mon curly, you don't have to be like that. i'm being honest too! your ribmonkey is ugly enuf to make paint peel. but i really like that color. we have to be "on our honor" to be honest, but we also have to be able to reserve the right to disagree, and still be able to get along.

i think LeadDog can handle a little friendly ribbing about his yellow smoker from you. now, if it was PINK, i don't think any amount of antiquing could make me like it. but a certain MONKEY would go APE over it! peace! continue to be honest with your opinions; just don't assume i'm not also just cause i don't happen to agree.

Ouch!

majestic...did RJ landscape for you also? Looks like it has his touch.

Dang, you folks are mean!

Actually we've just been waiting for the developer to re-grade and re-seed our lot... which they did yesterday and today. Now the yard is all dirt and straw... until the grass grows in... it's a new house.. give us time!

Look, it's a veritable desert!

img3919ux1.jpg

:?

continue to be honest with your opinions; just don't assume i'm not also just cause i don't happen to agree.

Cool with me PorkChop, just don't assume I don't like some color (dude did you see it!) cause I'm one of the "Have-nots"... :shock: Since you were honest about the Pink KK, now I wanna see one of these folks order one...if you rah-rah it I'll know somethings up :shock:

Yeah Majestic, our grass (or lack there-of) looks worse than yours. It's taking me time to get this cabin workable. In 6 months I still can barely walk in to the garage, or work outta my shop. That should change in the next few weeks though. I've been concentrating on that area.

Majestic....I am guilty of 'piling on'. Once the first joke was made I couldn't help myself knowing your history with RJ. I can tell the fence still looks new...its just the cooker that looks like it is far beyond its youth. Dennis has some great new cookers available though...... I have seen pictures of Kamados used as planters.....might work in the new landscape...give it the real touch of RJ.

- curly - sorry dude; was totally joking. the whole "sour grapes" was a callback to the wine stomping thread! lets make up honey :*

- sam - don't apologize to majestik, of all people! he'll just get used to it...

- majestik - hahahahahaha! your mexi-k looks like the victim of a mob hit! take him out to the desert and put one in his brain! his head got blown off! either that, or he died of thirst, like your grass, and his head just fell off! i'll sell you kong for 250 and include a roll of tinfoil and a patch of astroturf!

- majestik - hahahahahaha! your mexi-k looks like the victim of a mob hit!

Careful Chop, you might wake up to find my K's "head" on your pillow...

heh heh.

Ah, I don't mind the jokes at all, I'se got a thick skin. ;-)

Sure will be nice when the yard doesn't look like a wasteland though... I'm not even gonna mention the nightmare patio we just had done... worst contractor in the state, I reckon. Sigh.

:?

Regarding the golden KK... antiquing looks a lot better, I think. We will definitely need pix of it in its new home.

You mean there's more of 'em out there?

Man, our guy was so bad... edge of the patio is "wavy"... control joints were cut crooked, 8-foot diameter pool in the middle because he didn't grade it properly... list goes on and on. On the lighter side, I wrote to our local news "Troubleshooter"... a consumer reporter type thing... and they took our case and are currently hunting the guy down... should be amusing, if nothing else.

You mean there's more of 'em out there?

Man, our guy was so bad... edge of the patio is "wavy"... control joints were cut crooked, 8-foot diameter pool in the middle because he didn't grade it properly... list goes on and on. On the lighter side, I wrote to our local news "Troubleshooter"... a consumer reporter type thing... and they took our case and are currently hunting the guy down... should be amusing, if nothing else.

Tell em about RJ, they'll love that guy :?

And the Chinese said a picture is worth a thousands words? I had no idea a picture of a KK would start a thread like this.

Curly I'm just so glad I didn't go with a "brown" color.

To the rest of you don't you see Curly was trying to keep me from making a big mistake by getting this KK so he could get for himself. I think he really is secretly jealous of my future cooker.

Curly how about the color Green in either texture or tile. :)

Ok enough joking around. To me the blue tiled cooker is the most beautiful cooker I have ever seen. The problem is I'm not a "Copy Cat" I'm a "LeadDog" by nature so I picked something different. I figured if it was yellow I would be happy with the color. It is also hard to pick colors on a computer screen and expect that is what you will get in real life. There is this "Mission Style" texturing here in California done to houses that I thought about seeing if Dennis could do but I figured that would be to hard to even come close to what I was think about over the internet. Then Dennis does this antiquing job on it and he has come real close to what I was thinking about. I'm not even going to be surprised when I get that it is even better than the pictures.

LeadDog,

The good thing is, and this was not my idea, but I think it is worth keeping in mind. If you get weary of that color.

"You might be able to paint it. Since you are into the wine thing you could use the poopy yella as a base color and sponge or rag over it with some hi temp turd brown or diarhea red paint to give an antiqued Tuscan look".

Ideas for down the road.

But no matter what I say about it, I'd always dine from it

:D:D:D:D

...sitting quietly by since there is a now a new color in town to make fun of... :o

I had quite the chuckle reading through that thread, though! Especially those 2 pics of Majestics K in all its glory!

The flower pot idea is pretty funny, and would actually be a pretty useful retirement, but only someone who knows the story of K would see the humor in it, to anyone else, its just an expensive pair of flower pots.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.