ThreeDJ16

New Forum Features!

You don't have spell check built into your brower?

I guess I shoudn't post from work since the browser here doesn't have a spell check and my spelling brain cells are dead. :)

I do, but not everybody does. I have had several requests for a spell check; so I am trying to add one. The way it is going, it would be a hell of a lot easier if everyone would just add the google search bar to their browser as it has a built in spell check.

-=Jasen=-

Spell Check Installed!!

OK, I have a spell check installed now! So give it a try and see if everything works! The button is just below the new image link at the bottom of the text box.

If anyone can think of some features you would like in the forum, just let me know. If I can find them, I will try to add them.

-=Jasen=-

Mark As Unread!

Another new mod I just installed allows you to reset a forum post as unread; basically this is like a bookmark function. It also fixes some of the strange bugs that happen with the read/unread functions of the board. Sometimes you would miss a post leaving the board up or clicking to another web site before you read all the unread only to return and see none. Well this mod also fixes that glitch and will not let a post be marked as read unless you actually view it. 8)

I am working on a watch topic mod that lets you select which topics you wish to be notified of, whether you have posted to them or not. So far, it is not cooperating with me yet though. :cry:

-=Jasen=-

Jason, is there a way to go back to the view of unread posts after you view or post new messages. Right now after I view a post or reply to one I have to keep hitting the back button to get back to the "view post since last visit page" or else they are gone. I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe I am just missing something.

Jasen' date=' is there a way to go back to the view of unread posts after you view or post new messages. Right now after I view a post or reply to one I have to keep hitting the back button to get back to the "view post since last visit page" or else they are gone. I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe I am just missing something.[/quote']

Well, I am not really familiar with the view posts since last visit as I never use it. Let me wait till some posts build up so I can see what your talking about; then maybe I can find out something about it. So how about making a few posts - hehe - so I can test it. It is a nice feature, I just never think about using it.

-=Jasen=-

OK Tony, I see what you are talking about as it does it on view your posts or view unanswered posts too. You want a way to go back to the list without hitting the browser back button. Kind of like when you post, it has the link at the top to view your message or view main forum. So you would like something similar to return to view unread messages?

-=Jasen=-

Jason' date=' is there a way to go back to the view of unread posts after you view or post new messages. Right now after I view a post or reply to one I have to keep hitting the back button to get back to the "view post since last visit page" or else they are gone. I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe I am just missing something.[/quote']

OK Tony, this took a little while, but check it out now. The way it works now is when you are viewing a post or a list of posts, you still have the option at the top now to view unread posts. So instead of hitting back, you just click on the view unread posts again to go back to the correct list. Also, I fixed the flag error, so unless you actually view a message or manually set it to 'read', it will never show as 'unread'.

So this take care of it for you?

-=Jasen=-

OK Tony, this took a little while, but check it out now. The way it works now is when you are viewing a post or a list of posts, you still have the option at the top now to view unread posts. So instead of hitting back, you just click on the view unread posts again to go back to the correct list. Also, I fixed the flag error, so unless you actually view a message or manually set it to 'read', it will never show as 'unread'.

-=Jasen=-

Jason, sorry I haven't been around in a couple days. But yes you have nailed it!!! Man that has been bugging me since day one. Thanks a bunch!!!

-=Jasen=-

Jason, sorry I haven't been around in a couple days. But yes you have nailed it!!! Man that has been bugging me since day one. Thanks a bunch!!!

No Problem! :smt119

-=Jasen=-

Where's the feature that makes there be unread posts when I look on the forum? Lot of times I check and there's nothing new. What's that about?

:(

Um, you mean people posting so you have something to read? hehe

-=Jasen=-

Yah, that! :) Where's that feature?

It's me! I am that feature - don't you just feel special now? I posted this just for you! :D

-=Jasen=-

Where's the feature that makes there be unread posts when I look on the forum? Lot of times I check and there's nothing new. What's that about?

:(

Um, you mean people posting so you have something to read? hehe

-=Jasen=-

It happened again. :( Jasen, fix it!! And make Gerard and Dennis stop sayin I'm noisy.