Fetzervalve

KK site suggestion

Yo,

So I'm the new guy 'round here and I shouldn't be stick'n my nose in.. but here goes.

I think Dennis could do better with the pictures on the front page of the KK website. Most all of the other pictures, including those he posts here are exceptional.

The 2 cookers pictured on the front page of the site do not jump off the page like they should. Frankly, the dark side has a better picture on their front page. :oops: (perhaps the only good photo over there)

Like most people I am first drawn to the photos and later the text. If the photo doesn't stand out, I dont' bother to read the text.

Just a thought, from the noob.

I have some other ideas, perhaps I should email them directly to Dennis.

FV

Believe me' date=' this ain't like the other place, he will read this and take notice.[/quote']

I don't know... there still isn't a convenient link from the forum to the product page. Maybe D_J, since he's feeling his webmaster oats today, is up to the job.

I didn't say he would necessarily like the idea and do it, just that he would read and notice it. :D

He can't do em all, or DJ would have the nude models up there jumping out of the KK, no telling what Gerard and Porkchop may have suggested. :shock:

The link suggestion has come up several times before. I think we have all looked at how to do it and just have not come up with a good way yet. I am reading over the phpbb forums to see if I can find an idea. I would like to be able to click on the big banner at the top and it take me to the main web site.

-=Jasen=-

Believe me' date=' this ain't like the other place, he will read this and take notice.[/quote']

I don't know... there still isn't a convenient link from the forum to the product page. Maybe D_J, since he's feeling his webmaster oats today, is up to the job.

Ok Bubba, it's there now!! Took me a lot of reading, but I found it! Instead of making the banner a link, I just created a new menu item where the rest are and placed a link behind it for the KK web site.

-=Jasen=-

...Instead of making the banner a link' date=' I just created a new menu item ...-=Jasen=-[/quote']

We wouldn't be kk fans if we were satisfied with second rate substitutes... of course, most of us don't rely on Smokey Joes as our main cooker either. :P

iconsmilefingertq0.gif

I actually think the menu item looks better and is less confusing for those that do not know to click on a banner.

And you gotta quit hatin' on my Pimped Out Smokey Joe. I know you are jealous and all. I will even sell it to you when I get my KK in. Since we are tossing stones here buddy, is your KK on order yet - uh - Hmm? :twisted::mrgreen:

-=Jasen=-

Re: KK site suggestion

I think Dennis could do better with the pictures on the front page of the KK website. Most all of the other pictures, including those he posts here are exceptional.

The 2 cookers pictured on the front page of the site do not jump off the page like they should. Frankly, the dark side has a better picture on their front page. :oops: (perhaps the only good photo over there)

I figured I would look into what is possible with a website makeover. I'm new around here too so I'm not trying to upset any one. Here is a picture of a quick mockup of a KK website.

Webpage.jpg

Large Image Here

Dennis of course would have to like it and that is totally up to him.

The quick mockup was done with Joomla http://www.joomla.org/ Joomla uses PHP and MySQL to make dynamic websites. The many different uses for it can be read about at it's website. There are other Content Management Systems that people may be familiar with but I picked this one because it had a theme/skin that I thought worked good for the KK site.

I figured I would look into what is possible with a website makeover. I'm new around here too so I'm not trying to upset any one. Here is a picture of a quick mockup of a KK website.

Dennis of course would have to like it and that is totally up to him.

You'll find that we don't get upset over here very easily :lol::lol:

To be honest, I really like it :wink:

When my ADSL is back up I'll get in there and play with it.. It's one of those things (many things) that I need to do but just don't have the time.. I'm hiring a few new managers to give me more time.. Delegate, delegate, delegate... is my new M.O. :wink::wink:

Not bad at all LeadDog....although I think Curly would like it better if you put the non-antiqued YellaTurd in the picture :lol::lol: Perhaps one of those interactive build your own BBQ, classic or OTB, you click on a tile/texture color and the BBQ becomes that color and rotates. Thats real easy do do right? I love it on the car sites that do that.

When my ADSL is back up I'll get in there and play with it.. It's one of those things (many things) that I need to do but just don't have the time.. I'm hiring a few new managers to give me more time.. Delegate' date=' delegate, delegate... is my new M.O. :wink::wink:[/quote']

As far as I know you also use a Mac, don't you? There is a great webdesign-app for the Mac called RapidWeaver that I use for my site:

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver

It's easy as 1-2-3 and has many integrated themes you can adjust but there are also hundreds of great looking themes available in the web for free or to buy for Rapidweaver:

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidwea ... ources.php

It's also very nice intergrated into the Mac operating system (Photo Album from iPhoto albums etc.) and the upload is very simple with two clicks.

All I gotta say is you people must be really having digestive problems to be having yellow turds. Hey Dennis, how about a turd brown cooker? Maybe a few yellow dots to depict corn? :smt044

-=Jasen=-

Another thing that gives away the fact that you don't have any kids :shock:

Never seen a turd in a diaper - only mush! Damn, I am gonna have to delete this thread as it is just getting sick! :smt078

HTF did we go from site design to diaper mush so quick?? :butthead:

-=Jasen=-