Fetzervalve

KK site suggestion

Re: KK site suggestion

As far as I know you also use a Mac, don't you? There is a great webdesign-app for the Mac called RapidWeaver that I use for my site:

I'm a Mac user also. The little mock up I did was all Mac based and free. It is one of the thing I like about the Mac being UNIX based. I can use lots of cool things for free.

Curly isn't that funny that you are liking that color now? One of the names I thought of for my cooker has mustard as part of the name. I'll have to wait to see it in person before I name it.

Come on get the topic back to website design the rest of you.

My sister went to Stanford and worked summers for Apple.

In early '84 we got one of the first 128k machines..

CPU Speed: 8 MHz

FPU: none

Bus Speed: 8 MHz

Data Path: 16 bit

ROM: 64 kB

Onboard RAM: 128 kB

Maximum RAM: 128 kB

Video

Monitor: 9" built-in

VRAM: 1 bit 512x342

Storage

Floppy Drive: 3.5" 400 kB

Input/Output

Serial: 2

Audio Out: mono 8 bit

Speaker: mono

Our life changed dramatically when we upgraded the ram later that year to 512k.

How things have changed...

But I'm a Mac man thru and thru, cut me and I still bleed Apple juice..

:lol::lol::lol:

"Never ask a man what computer he uses.

If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.

If it's not, why embarrass him?"

Tom Clancy

How things have changed...

But I'm a Mac man thru and thru, cut me and I still bleed Apple juice..

:lol::lol::lol:

"Never ask a man what computer he uses.

If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.

If it's not, why embarrass him?"

Tom Clancy

I never owned other computers than macs in my whole life. I work now for almost 8 years in the Apple business and love it!

Apple has the goal to build the best personal computers. So the KK can actually be considered the Apple of the grill world :lol:

I think Apple owners just don't stick to the mainstream and allways search for the better option (also when buying a grill). So I would not be surprised, if more than half of the forum members own a Mac.

So I would not be surprised' date=' if more than half of the forum members own a Mac.[/quote']

I doubt it! Mac hosed themselves keeping everything proprietary. I agree they had windows long before MS and MS has strived to be a Mac ever since. If I were in the graphics business I would also have nothing else but a Mac. But they truly missed there opportunity. While I understand Mac can run windows naively now, to late, I am firmly implanted now. I use lots of specialized software (and still a couple of serial devices - did they ever put serial on a Mac?) that you cannot get for Mac OS. There is also that little fact of being double the cost too. :roll:

-=Jasen=-

Oh I think we might have a common bound here among some of us. My first computer was an Apple IIe. They make me use PCs at work and I still hate them. I swear with last one they set me up with MS made changes to windows that even made it worse.

Seems equally configured Dells cost more these days than Mac.

http://www.systemshootouts.org/shootout ... t3200.html

http://www.internet-nexus.com/2006/08/m ... -price.htm

I know there is some debate about the Mac Pro being cheaper than the equally configured Dell but it is a interesting comparison.

Now back to the Web Site makeover. I found a recipe component/modual for Joomla. I'll be testing it soon. :)

Uh yeah, I am sure most of us PC users are running a $3k dual core Xeon at home - hehe :smt120 . But for an average user, a $499 Del bundle is more than adequate. I generally put my own together, so that usually runs about $700 - $800 very nicely equipped.

Geez, how many threads throughout history has been ruined by the hopeless debate that is Mac Vs PC. :smt084 So I agree now, back to getting Dennis to make a new web site!!!

-=Jasen=-