mtrejo1

Hello from Arizona

Just wanted to introduce myself. I was lucky enough to purchase the 23" KK that Ducaticrsig listed for sale a short time ago. I've been wanting a KK for a few years and am ecstatic to finally have one ( even if second hand). I have to say it's much more impressive to see one in person than on the web. My wife now understamfs why I'd pay more for a used 23" than for a brand new Big Joe ( I was going to buy one at the Costco roadshow when I saw Craig's posting). She won't admit it but I think she likes the KK as much as me. Who knew an "expensive" Grillsmoker/oven would go over so well?

• Like 1

Welcome! I have 5 or 6 friends that have purchased KK's after their wives experienced one in person. They all said the food was great, but for them, aesthetics were a higher priority. I have family members with BGEs and I don't knock them, they can produce some great food, but I have never once heard someone say 'that thing is beautiful.' These are lady killers.

Congrats to the "new" KK.  It might be used but your KK will last a very, very, long time.  I showed Craig my KK before he bought the one you now own.  You are lucky your wife likes it as well.  Some wives don't understand how we look at the value of the KK.

DaveyR -- I did not move it myself.  I bid the job out on UShip (a shipping auction site).   I was nervous and bought insurance for the worst case scenario but Craig did a great job packing it up and the shipper did a good job too.  

Ceramic Chef -  I'm thinking of smoking beef or pork ribs over 4th of July for my initial cook.   I don't have a name yet...although I'm thinking of calling it "Cooper".  Why Cooper?  Because I have a baby boy due in August and my wife wants to name him Cooper but I prefer the name Christian.  I figure by naming the KK Cooper I'll beat her to the punch.  We'll see how this shakes out.

I'll get food pics on here as soon as I do my first cook.

• Like 2

DaveyR -- I did not move it myself. I bid the job out on UShip (a shipping auction site). I was nervous and bought insurance for the worst case scenario but Craig did a great job packing it up and the shipper did a good job too.

Ceramic Chef - I'm thinking of smoking beef or pork ribs over 4th of July for my initial cook. I don't have a name yet...although I'm thinking of calling it "Cooper". Why Cooper? Because I have a baby boy due in August and my wife wants to name him Cooper but I prefer the name Christian. I figure by naming the KK Cooper I'll beat her to the punch. We'll see how this shakes out.

I'll get food pics on here as soon as I do my first cook.

I like the way you think. You'll fit right in here with the other miscreants. 😉