ThreeDJ16

EZ Que Rotisserie Info!

Ok, I finally got the new rotis motor in today (guess they didn't ship it back out to me as fast as they said they would - oh well). I am still happy they even let me swap it. It is almost silent. Waaaayyyyy more quiet than the battery operated motor. I also tried to stall it by placing the square shaft in the motor and holding it by hand; not even a noticeable change in sound or speed!

One thing though, Firemonkey showed me this link to a motor yesterday and I gotta say, had I not bought one already this would really be tempting! http://www.rotisseriemotors.com/model_dl.htm

-=Jasen=-

Here are some pics!

dscn1258mediumhr1.jpg

dscn1255mediumii3.jpg

dscn1256mediumau5.jpg

Thanks! That really helps visualize how these things get attached. I think I may just hook up the rotisserie to my tractor's PTO, I figure at 540 RPM I should be able to make things cook VERY evenly and I should have more than enough power ;)

G (street speak for DJ)' date=' why change the rotational speed? I can't seem to grasp why you would need to change the speed? I know, the more knobs and switches the better right? :blob:[/quote']

Hell who knows, but it looks cool!! hehe Mo' features mo' better. I would think a chicken could stand up to higher speeds, but say a boston butt would need lower speeds. So just some options. It was different, so I thought I would put a link to it just in case someone was interested. Who knows, our very own Firemonkey may have ordered one and give us the scoop.

-=Jasen=-

I would say that the claim "almost silent" would carry a lot of weight with me. My only experience with a roti, is from my childhood and I will never forget the awful whining nasty sound that came from dad's roti motor.... that memory has kept me from buying one up to now (and the $$ :D ) The only thing that comes close to being as annoying has to be an ice cream freezer! However, when I was a young'n, we only had a hand crank freezer. :cry:

I would say that the claim "almost silent" would carry a lot of weight with me.

My grill sits right next to my back porch where we spend a lot of time. So very low noise was important to me and this one fits the bill. Also, in my opinion, way better built than the noisy battery operated version. Anyway, hope it helped someone make their decision.

-=Jasen=-

G (street speak for DJ)' date=' why change the rotational speed? I can't seem to grasp why you would need to change the speed? I know, the more knobs and switches the better right? :blob:[/quote']

Hell who knows, but it looks cool!! hehe Mo' features mo' better. I would think a chicken could stand up to higher speeds, but say a boston butt would need lower speeds. So just some options. It was different, so I thought I would put a link to it just in case someone was interested. Who knows, our very own Firemonkey may have ordered one and give us the scoop.

-=Jasen=-

Havent ordered yet, and didnt even get a chance to talk prices of just the basket with the EZque folks today, but if I can get it within a reasonably equal price, I will give the other motor a shot. It has 4 times the manufacturers warranty, plus its USA made, and this is the 4th of July and all :D

Honestly, who knows if more speeds are better, but I was toying with the idea of making a basket out of cheap expanded aluminum so I could rotis things like fresh shrimp, or even chicken wings or veggies for fajitas. I expect I would want a few RPM faster speeds for those? Thats just my hypothesis though, since I couldnt find anything that said how fast the thing spins anyway.

Honestly, who knows if more speeds are better, but I was toying with the idea of making a basket out of cheap expanded aluminum so I could rotis things like fresh shrimp, or even chicken wings or veggies for fajitas. I expect I would want a few RPM faster speeds for those? Thats just my hypothesis though, since I couldnt find anything that said how fast the thing spins anyway.

Thanks for reminding me, I was supposed to check out my stash for SS mesh wire cloth today - opps. I doubt I have any long enough for the cradle though, guess I will have to visit my friendly neighborhood metal supplier soon! I love roasted jalapenos and this would be the ticket!

-=Jasen=-

Leave it to Deej to have the only KK Centrifuge on the planet!

centrifugal_force.png

From the website: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/centrifugal_force.png which is a great comicstrip though it often makes my head hurt.

The bracket goes on the right side (outside) of the cooker (remove the nuts and mount).

The square shaft with the spring goes into the roti motor (spring first) into the motor, then shaft into the socket on the outside of the cooker.

The square shaft with threads goes into the right side of roti basket and the round shaft goes into the other end of the basket (tighten them both).

I don't have that other spring, perhaps it goes over the left end shaft of the basket?

Place the left end of the basket into the cooker placing the shaft into the socket, then lower the right end and engage the square shaft into the right side socket.

That should do it!

Re: Rotisserie Diagram

Is there a diagram of what parts go where on the rotisserie?

NnEt9.jpg Click to view larger image

What are the springs for?

I'm also curious what the 'loose' spring is for.

I just tried setting up the roti and also noticed the far shaft slipping out of the hole on the left of the KK. Searching through the forums it seems like a lot of people had the same problem, but I never found a definitive answer.

Also, my old Viking motor is going to have too many issues to make it compatible (rotates the wrong way, mount doesn't fit, square KK pins don't fit the allen key shape of the motor). What's the latest motor that people recommend?

Re: EZ Que Rotisserie Info!

Yes that was me asleep at the wheel..

In the admin version there is an edit button right next to the quote button..

Of course I hit the wrong one..

The two threaded sleeves go into the cradle.. the one with the spring is for the motor shaft. The extra spring is just that an extra shaft. We had two different suppliers making the cradles and they ended up not being uniform.

I have some adjustable length roti shafts being made up that will correct all problems..

I was under the understanding that most motors drive holes were standard and square.. The KK mount is standard..

Is something that can be removed from your motor that is filling the slide in mounts?

Motor:

Please contact Joe at Onegrill.com to purchase the rotisserie motor. Make sure that you get the 50 lb. unit as it will spin the rotisserie basket the correct direction, I think they are about $50

The website page is http://goo.gl/R0gP Excellent service and a great guy to deal with!

Re: EZ Que Rotisserie Info!

i need some help with the shaft with the spring. i have inserted it into the onegrill motor. it now has about 3/4- 1 inch of flexibilty. but no matter how i mount the brace, it seems to be just short of being inserted properly and thus fails to turn the rotisserie. if i take the bracket off or push the motor forward, i can tell there is a lot more space and it turns the mechanism. did i put the spring in too far? is the bolt with spring too short?