Wrapped Brisket

I'm not a fan of wrapping, but with all the attention given to Aaron Franklin recently, I've decided to give butcher paper a try. I'm going with a prime brisket from Costco.

post-906-143757796173_thumb.jpg

post-906-143757797908_thumb.jpg

Before trimming.

post-906-143757801127_thumb.jpgtrimmed

post-906-143757803697_thumb.jpgand seasoned.

I'm starting the cook first thing in the morning, stepson is coming in from Lafayette, he's my excuse to cook larger cuts.

Robert

• Like 1

5698K, I'm looking forward to reading your results and two cents about wrapping!   I've cooked plenty of pork and some beef with/without wrapping but my wrap is typically either banana leaves and/or foil and to date have not tried butcher's paper.  But like you, et al, Aaron's 3-way brisket cook-off and feedback kinda got my attention and interest again in wrapping!  

Now hurry up will ya?!   :D

This should be really good and I can't wait to see the money shot(s)! I'm also looking forward to your take on wrapping. If anyone is a brisket guy, it's you!

Rob, if I'm not mistaken, I think this is the first cook I've seen you post. Here's to a great cook with family and friends!

PS - I swear I met your twin brother today at lunch! I asked if he had a brother in NOLA who was a geologist/pilot and he said no. You weren't a twin separated at birth were you? LOL!

Thanks Tony! I've been cooking, just not posting them. I have to admit, my skills are the basic ones, I wish I was more rounded. I see cooks from ckreef, and others, I'm just in awe of how imaginative and thoughtful they are!! It just makes me realize I have so much to learn, but, isn't that the fun part?

Robert

• Like 2

Thanks Tony! I've been cooking, just not posting them. I have to admit, my skills are the basic ones, I wish I was more rounded. I see cooks from ckreef, and others, I'm just in awe of how imaginative and thoughtful they are!! It just makes me realize I have so much to learn, but, isn't that the fun part?

Robert

Yes, but you do the "basics" as well as anybody! At least you're cooking. I haven't  cooked in over a week. Going into withdrawal!  :eew:

And, I hope that I never stop learning about food, cooking, spirits, beer, wine, and all those other wonderful things out there!  :read2:

• Like 1

Chef, 2 Komodo's and over a month without using them??? I sure hope you find a cure for that.

Poochie - well, I'm in the throes of starting yet another business and time is very tight. I think I'm suffering from the KK equivalent of the DTs! I've gotta pour a couple of fingers of fine bourbon, light some lump, and smell some smoke really quickly!