LarryR

What you cooking this weekend 7/25-26?

SmallBBQr and I must be neighbours, we don't have them either:)

Hehe...well, not quite "neighbors" in the "close" sense...roughly a 4800km drive...but are neighbors in the Canadian sense.   (I updated my profile with location - forgot to do that previously).

Yeah...you just never see briskets here...not sure why.  Certainly no shortage of cattle here (well this year things are bad - drought), so beef prices likely to be going up MORE - already insanely expensive.

I'm doing my first sourdough bread on the KK.

There is a story to this cook- I didn't light the KK early enough and the dough rose faster than normal. You know what's coming, panic :(

It is cold here today, 65 F so I set the proofing basket outside and opened the vents up. After about 45 mins the grill said 500F. I took the proofing basket with the dough-

hIE6TEg.jpg

and flipped it over. I could smell disaster coming :(

K3lLhk2.jpg

Spritzed, scored and use the pizza paddle to put it on the baking stone which is now a whopping 287 F. This is a disaster waiting to happen ;(

No time for taking, I wanted to get it onto the grill ASAP.

Rotated it a couple of times and here it is. The baking gods must have been with me today;)

GkrT38S.jpg

Took it off the baking stone and flipped it over to get the shot of the bottom crust.

DMrhVYj.jpg

It is now in the house waiting to cool before slicing.

xycIJWQ.jpg

Maybe it was Dennis that was with me. I couldn't be happier:)

scqi7lx.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up a case of butts yesterday afternoon. Got 8 butts on the KKOOKER now, put them on last night at about 9, all was good when I went to bed 11ish. KKOOKER is holding rock steady this morning.

Went with the naked whiz MOJO pork recipe this time.

post-456-0-00735400-1437826228_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-11711900-1437826254_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-67989800-1437826284_thumb.jpg

Picked up a case of butts yesterday. 8 butts on the KKOOKER now. Put the butts on about 9 last night, the KKooker is holding rock steady this morning.
Went with the Naked Whiz MOJO pork recipe. I will try to remember to take Pics coming off the KKooker

post-2-0-30145200-1437938880_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-51729000-1437938874_thumb.jpg