Elaine

Leg of lamb

Thinking of attempting a leg of lamb this weekend...... And yes I will post pictures!

Should I have the butcher butterfly it? Any suggestions for temp, time.....

You are all intimidating me with all the fantastic feasts I see coming off your grills but I'm determined to jump in and give it my best.

Like Robert said we try to inspire.

Since joining the forum I have been able to cook a lot of new cooks. When I see a post of a cook that I like I try and cook it myself. The good thing here is you can ask the cook a question. These are real life cooks not made for tv cooks.

Thinking of attempting a leg of lamb this weekend...... And yes I will post pictures!

Should I have the butcher butterfly it? Any suggestions for temp, time.....

You are all intimidating me with all the fantastic feasts I see coming off your grills but I'm determined to jump in and give it my best.

Bone-in meats to me always taste better, so whenever possible I always leave the bone.  If I had a rotisserie, I would marinate the leg for as long as possible (lots of olive oil, garlic, red wine, rosemary and thyme) and throw it in the roti.  Keep basting with the marinade and just let it roll at a moderate temp (I would do low/slow for longer and then crank it up at the end to get a sear).  Did you get the rotisserie for your KK?   I can't tell from your past posts, but with a 23, you have lots of space to even just put it on and rotate often and baste as well.

You'll love it any way it get's done though...

Made a rack of lamb for my first cook today and the whole process was wonderful! It was fun to learn and do the cook and the end product was as delicious as I've had in any fine restaurant . Now, I am really excited to keep trying new cooks and enjoying endless possibilities on my new KK! Can't say enough about how happy I am with the entire experience..... Dennis is a first class guy, the grill is so functional and visually pleasing, this forum is a wealth of knowledge and a host of helpful people..... LOVING IT ALL !!!!'mm

Made a rack of lamb for my first cook today and the whole process was wonderful! It was fun to learn and do the cook and the end product was as delicious as I've had in any fine restaurant . Now, I am really excited to keep trying new cooks and enjoying endless possibilities on my new KK! Can't say enough about how happy I am with the entire experience..... Dennis is a first class guy, the grill is so functional and visually pleasing, this forum is a wealth of knowledge and a host of helpful people..... LOVING IT ALL

Elaine - as good as that first cook was, it only gets better from here! It's true!

I've found that cooking on a KK is a very tacit experience. Cooking on a KK must be experienced to truly be appreciated in all it's depth. I've had my KKs about a year now and I keep learning more about their capabilities every cook.

Elaine, you're about to have some kind of fun!

Made a rack of lamb for my first cook today and the whole process was wonderful! It was fun to learn and do the cook and the end product was as delicious as I've had in any fine restaurant .

This is a danger of having a KK grill. You find that you can make food as good as, if not better, than a restaurant. After a while, you start running out of restaurants to go to. ^_^

• Like 1

This is a danger of having a KK grill. You find that you can make food as good as, if not better, than a restaurant. After a while, you start running out of restaurants to go to. ^_^

BINGO! It's sad that really fine restaurants with all the resources at their disposal can't better on a NY Strip than I. Or lobster. Or the hamburger. Or chicken. Or ....

I find that now I only go out to eat when it's to meet friends to "check out the new place in town," or when I'm too lazy to cook! And, my choice of places is driven more by whether they have good beers on tap rather than their food! There are only about 3 places in town that can out cook me - and one of them is up for a James Beard award.

Me and Mrs skreef usually only go out to eat for breakfast or lunch on the motorcycle. (something to do when we go riding) Dinner out always seems to be a waste of money and usually disappointing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Me and Mrs skreef usually only go out to eat for breakfast or lunch on the motorcycle. (something to do when we go riding) Dinner out always seems to be a waste of money and usually disappointing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I imagine that's quite often considering the insanely beautiful bike you've got! Ever thought of getting a KK tiled in the same colour? 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine that's quite often considering the insanely beautiful bike you've got! Ever thought of getting a KK tiled in the same colour? 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY tomahawk66

We try and go out for breakfast or lunch once a week on Saturday or Sunday weather permitting. It's usually a 4 or 6 hour adventure. We work long hours so weekdays are tough.

Dennis does do custom colors all you need to do is find ceramic tiles in the appropriate size. I had thought about trying to match the bike but never looked for the right tiles.

It actually has a faint color changing, racing checkered horse logo on the gas tank. If I could find dark maroon with that type of sparkle in the tile it would look awesome. It's purple and gold color changing. Hard to get a good picture of it. Here is one but the picture doesn't really do it justice.

b977eefb8c3d9b30a260c56982c520ba.jpg