rgoldey

Kudos to Dennis

I have been planning on posting for a couple of months now. It would take too long to tell you the whole story, but here's a summary:

Three years ago, I spent a small fortune on a custom K***** (guess who), and then I waited for about 6 months. When it finally arrived, I was elated, and I truly felt the wait was worth it.

Then the trouble started. Six months later, my grill had completely fallen apart, the result, I was told, of a bad batch of glaze. After 16 months, I had still not received any compensation or a replacement (by then I had been banished from their forum for complaining online, but only because no one would answer my phone messages or emails (over 40 messages during that time)).

I happened to find KomodoKamado online, and after a couple of emails, I decided to take a chance, and I ordered one from Dennis June 13, 2005. I just had a good feeling about him and what he was trying to do with the group in Indonesia.

My OTB arrived in port early July, but it was damaged somewhere between Indonesia and California. Dennis emailed me and asked me if I minded waiting for the next shipment (excellent communications, by the way), and I said no problem. My OTB arrived on 9/3. Unfortunately when I received it the OTB had been damaged. I surmise that customs had cut two bands holding the top down (looking for who knows), and the top flopped up and down all the way to Ohio. Sooooo, Dennis sent me another one. I'm relating the details because all this was out-of-pocket for Dennis, and he NEVER complained or questioned me, he just took care of it - immediately. He also told me to go ahead and use the damaged one and we would figure out what to do with it later.

On 2/15/2006 my brand-new, Supreme OTB arrived. It's a thing of beauty:

Picture001.jpg

Here's another:

Picture010.jpg

Close-up of the Guru port and the really slick adjustable damper - SWEET!

Picture002.jpg

One more:

Picture009.jpg

Dennis, thank you for all your diligence, and for a great product. This OTB is so much better than anything else on the market, and believe me, I speak from experience.

Ron

Guru note

Thanks Ron for your post and kind words, love to hear it and great to see my cookers on customer's porches being used.

Forum users might want to take a closer peek at Ron's photos as they show both the BBQ Guru/faceplate being used as well as the polder tube with the Guru cable going through it into the meat.

Ron's grill that popped open (and slammed closed and open and...) is the reason cookers are now shipped without tension in the spring..

Lesson learned, albeit an expensive one :wink:

Excellent post! Great pics!

It's funny; you could go on and on about mexi-K's treatment of their customers and how they treat those with problems. They give you no options and then criticize you for going to the forum to complain.

But why should I go on about it? After awhile you just get tired of saying it over and over. Those that "get it", "get it". Those at that forum that prefer to wear blinders always will.

What's great is that Dennis has provided here a superior alternative with the customer service and ethical business practices that we deserve.