The setup like in the photo above (two zones) can be created on all KK grills using the basket splitter and cooking on the lower grill.  

The 32" Big bad come standard with a beefy 3/8" SS half main grill for two levels of direct heat.. This would be using the basket splitter at 50% closed

post-2-0-03186700-1439152853_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Dennis. Is there a half grate available for the 23" too or is it only available on the BB 32"?

I'm not sure there is really access to work under it on the 23"..  Maybe a quarter grill or 30% would work.. but outside of tossing a few ears of corn on it not sure if it makes sense..  I'll toss some cardboard in there and play with it..

Yep, spun it around with all the things in place, except the bird.  Tomorrow I spin the bird before the fire is lit.  I sure wish there was a better solution for mounting the motor.  I have a few idea that need some paper to draw it for Dennis to see what he thinks.  Probably he will say, "Tried it" but it is worth a shot because mounting the motor is a PITA.