bosco

new guy

I have been lurking for the past 2 weeks and recognize a bunch of you from another website.  

I have been cooking kamado style for the past 2 years, and I have a full blown addiction to this style of cooking.  As my good friend Robert always says..... welcome to the dark side.  Thanks to him and CC specifically, I have really started looking at KK as a future purchase.  Seeing how satisfied guys like ckreef, wilbur, and tinyfish are makes this decision pretty easy.  

I am strongly considering a 23" ultimate with the olive gold pebble finish.  I currently have 3 kamado's and would like to eventually have the 23" ultimate and a matching 19" high top.  

I am going to be reading up while saving, but hope to make my first purchase December/January.  

Anyways, thought that I would introduce myself and make my intent to purchase a KK official

Look forward to getting to know the new to me faces

bosco

• Like 1

Finally! Welcome Bosceaux! I'm sure you'll be recognized by the multi forum users, for those that don't know you, Bosceaux will be a great addition to this forum. Between members here, and of course, Dennis, any questions about kk's will be answered. Glad to have you!

Robert

Welcome Bosco! :hello2:

You have a big reputation on that other Kamado website, so we really look forward to seeing your great cooks over here! (I lurk over there like you did here!) Think you'll find this group super friendly and just as helpful in answering any questions you might have!

Hey Bosco welcome.

You have a perfect backyard for a KK for sure.

Welcome for sure bosco. Like tinyfish said - you really do have a kick ass Backyard that is just screaming for a KK.

Post a few of your awesome cooks so the non Guru members can see what you got. We don't care if it was on a KJ, I'll post an Akorn cook in a heart beat. Some of these members posted cooks for months waiting to get a KK - it's all good.

Awwwwwwww Bosco. You are truly stricken, my friend. Have you told your wife? If, and this is a really big if, she doesn't smother you with a pillow while you're sleeping due to your kamado purchasing behavior over the last year, I can't wait for you too get one. As much of a passion as you have for kamado cooking, you will truly hit your stride with this amazing device.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  I hope to eventually contribute, but right now I am the student learning as much as I can.  

tony b I hope its all good this reputation lol!!

GoFrogs.... it is funny that you bring my wife up on this one.  My wife and I have not exactly seen eye to eye over the past few years but she respects my hobby and love of BBQ.  She saw me looking at the kk website 2 weeks ago and she said you need to get one they are beautiful.  I was in shock!!  So needless to say green light, just need to save a bit more.  

I have been fortunate to buy three kamado Joe's and was able to buy 3 more this year.  I gave away one kamado to my dad and 2 to my best friend.  Now I can share my hobby with my favourite people.  

Tiny and Ckreef perhaps you are right.  I think the yard needs a kk....

The purchase of the KK is not something that I anticipated.   I just love the look of them, and have heard nothing but good about them.

Ckreef at your request, here are a few of my cooks.  I like making foods from all around the world.  My main reason for loving kamado cooking is that I like to grill, I am not a dead set smoker.  I started with a WSM and a kettle, but found that I was using the kettle all of the time.  I had 7 BBQ's down to 4 as my wife won't let me toss the gasser.  The KK will be a great addition to my Kj's

_DSC1042.jpg

_DSC1071.jpg

_DSC1094.jpg

_DSC1017.jpg

_DSC0937.jpg

_DSC0844.jpg

_DSC0777.jpg

IMG_2838-2.jpg

425656F2-EBF7-4C1C-AF91-BF7EE05FA97E.jpg

40060DCD-E586-4190-8D34-80BD83B1A893.jpg

• Like 1

bosceaux! What hath God wrought!

KKers, this bosceaux defection to a KK is bigger than Satan leaving Heaven! And NO, bosceaux ain't even close to Satan. Bosceaux is one of the good guys.

And the guy can obviously cook!

bosceaux, have you decided which KJ will be the planter, which will be storage and which gets donated? Once you get your 23" Ultimate, it'll be bye-bye KJ #trifecta!

Welcome you big Canuck!

ckreef, you are way too modest. Between you and skreef, ya'll put out the most beautiful, thoughtful, and delicious looking plates I've seen! Bosceaux will put a bit of pressure on you, but I think you can handle it! Besides that, I'm a long way from being a high end chef!!

Robert