bosco

annoying new guy questions...

tony b, honestly I have been on the kk site everyday. I look at sizes, colours, accessories etc etc etc. I can not wait to represent!!!

Too funny Bosco. This how it happens. Many trips to the site. Lurk or participate on the forum. Google KK and look at images. Look at the back yard to envision what it would look like.

Most on the forum have gone through this. The main question upon getting one of your own is......"Why the hell did I wait so long to pull the trigger?"

I knew I wanted a BB 32". No question about that and my initial conversation with Dennis confirmed that. My delay was caused by a vacation to see friends in Scandanavia and moving into a new house. While in Europe I got to cook on a 23" Ultimate. That sealed the deal.

I wanted Dennis to customize a BB 32" for me. Now problem he told me. That lead to a delay due to his pebble supplier. Now normally I'm a pretty patient man, but not in this case. Dennis' supplier kept stretching the delivery date and I said to heck with it, send me the first BB 32" you've got. There was one already on the West Coast. Deal done!

We're it not for my wanting a customized BB 32", a vacation, and a move, I'd have had a BB 32" on my patio within 2 weeks of my first phone call with Dennis. I knew exactly what I wanted and Dennis was going to do anything to give it to me.

In the end, buying both of my KKs has been the easiest kamado purchase ever for me. Dennis installs such confidence, makes the purchase so easy, and solves any problems that buying a KK seem like the most natural thing in the world!

I'm way closer than I had expected to pulling the trigger. Let's see what happens ....

LOL - yesterday on the way home from the BBQ Festival me and skreef were talking about various Kamados and about KK's. I made a prediction to her about when I thought you would pull the trigger and make the order.

When it comes to pass I'll let you know how close I was with that prediction.

Edited by ckreef

who is telling you this about the trifecta lol...

Well I placed an order today with the Man, they myth, the legend Dennis!!!!

I am so pleased with our conversations and his no sales pitch approach.  No pressure just straight information 

Ok so...

I ordered 2 23" Ultimates in harvest pebble as gold was not available.  I had the gas ports removed from both

I also added a few extra things

an extra charcoal basket

charcoal splitter kit

baking stone

double lined drip pan

1 set of side panels 

and a custom table with steel insert to go between them (thank you tiny fish for the recommendation)

1 charcoal grey sunbrella cover to fit the entire table and two grills

teak grip tools 

I am very very very excited!!!!

Dennis thank you for taking the time to explain everything to me and walk me through the order. 

Also thanks to everyone here that took the time to respond and offer suggestions