Nanuk

The wait has started.

Thanks.

Ckreef, about the dome, first you have to loosen two screws that hold the steel plate that covers the spring.

Are you talking about the 2 bolts that go to the inside of the grill?

Or are you talking about the two screws that could be gotten to from the inside top of the steel plate by the spring? I would need to use a pair of needle nose pliers to reach in there to loosen these.

I'm asking this because I want to put a little more tension on my spring.

Also if I buy another KK (19" table top) I would probably have to remove the dome so two people could easily manage it up a few stairs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by ckreef

Are you talking about the 2 bolts that go to the inside of the grill?

Or are you talking about the two screws that could be gotten to from the inside top of the steel plate by the spring? I would need to use a pair of needle nose pliers to reach in there to loosen these.

I'm asking this because I want to put a little more tension on my spring.

Also if I buy another KK (19" table top) I would probably have to remove the dome so two people could easily manage it up a few stairs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Here is the manual it has the dome removal instructions

KomodoKamadoUser'sManual 2_2_12.pdf

TY tinyfish - unfortunately I already have that manual and it doesn't really answers the question I am asking.

I believe it's the two Allen head screws that reside inside the top part of the back cover. It will take pliers to loosen these. Just wanted a confirmation before I start doing that.

Ckreef, you are correct, it's the two allen screws on the top of the back cover, then you pull the top of the back cover and take it out. The screws on mine were 5mm. And only used an allen wrench.

Hope this helps.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Mine being a 16.5" that area is really small and a normal Allen wrench will definitely not fit between the screw and the spring.

I'll try cutting an Allen wrench extra short and see if I can squeeze it in there. Something I've had to do on a few occasions for my motorcycle. It does look like it was tightened down with pliers as the edge of the Allen head screws are slightly marred.

Glad to hear/see that it made it safely to the ground and onto the patio!!! HURRAY!!

Now for those pics of the all-important virgin cook! Did you decide on what "meat" you were going to do?? For a fast cook, there's chicken. For the most-forgiving cook, it's pork butt. You'll need to do your burn-in before tackling steaks, as they are best done (IMHO) at scorching high heat.