Nator

Rock's Stoker - BBQ Guru Competitor

Saw a posting for these guys on the Mexi-K site http://www.rocksbarbque.com/products.html

There is no pricing on their website but seems pretty advanced and you can connect it to the internet to monitor and control your KK from anywhere. Has a 5CM fan where guru offers a 10CM.

Dennis, you should contact them to give them stats for the port built into the KK

Looks good but it'll likely be expensive...

I'd forego the fancier features and would really rather have these instead:

battery pack power option

A lot of folks that have the Guru run theirs off an automobile battery jumper battery packs. A Ni-cd (more rugged than NiMH) cordless drill battery pack should be enough power for several cooks.

weather tight

I've done many low and slow cooks during thunderstorms. This may be as simple as a water resistant enclosure for the control unit and a blower assembly with an inlet design that prevents water egress into the cooker/coals.

Internet monitering? Assume that's for when one wants to load up the cooker, go to work and monitor/control from the office... That's obsession!

Stoker

Hello KK friends and family,

I contacted John Jackson of Rock's Bar-B-Que and maker of the Stoker and he's just as interested in seeing a Komodo as I'm in seeing a Stoker, so I'm arranging his seeing a Komodo in the SF area. We will make it easy to use a Stoker on you KK..

Just another way to enjoy your Komodo :lol:

Dennis