kjs

Kabobs

My wife wanted kabobs the other day so we made beef, chicken and lamb for 6. Marinated the beef and chicken for about 6 hours. I ground  the lamb with about 20% pork and it was highly seasoned (definitely everyone's favorite). Quick photo taken with a phone.

post-2479-0-11599100-1440703029_thumb.jp

Looks great. Meow did you season the lamb?

It was a mixture or cumin, lots of fresh garlic, fresh parsley, fresh onion, salt, pepper, finely ground coffee, and cardamom. I wrote it down and I'll post the recipe. The trick is to grind the mixture twice with the spices added.

• Like 1

Kabobs are always a crowd pleaser here at ChezChef. For great presentation purposes like we see above, I always partially cook the protein since it cooks slower than the veggies. I've always had trouble getting unburnt veggies with chicken kabobs since chicken must be cooked thoroughly. Especially problematic are mushrooms as part of kabobs. They always cook quickly.

If its just a few close friends and myself, veggies are always cooked separately from the protein. A nice grill basket always imparts good color to the veggies while the protein gets skewered.