Poochie

21" Komodo Review

I want to begin by saying I was really on the fence about getting a Komodo. I was in the market for another ceramic cooker and this one popped up on a thread in a forum I was reading. After I checked it out, I dismissed it as too much for “a BBQ pit.† But the features it had kept growing on me and I investigated it further. What was really amazing about it was that not one single review I read was negative. Very unusual.

Fast forward a few weeks and I became the owner of a 21†bronze Komodo Kamado. Dealing with the owner of the company (Dennis Linkletter) was a breeze because he’s not a salesman. He’s a dispenser of information. Whatever you ask, even though he’s heard it a thousand times, he’ll patiently answer. This contributed to my confidence in sending a bank draft to a third world country and ordering a product that cost a few thousand dollars without laying hands on it.

Without getting into technical terms of the construction of a Komodo, I’ll just say the facts about it. My qualifier is that I’ve owned the green and the red brands of ceramic cookers, WSM, offset stick burner, kettles, propane smokers, Weber gas grill and so on. I owned a cafe for a while and sold it. Needless to say, I love to cook. I don’t buy pits and smoker to admire them and forget them. I cook on them 4 to 5 days a week typically.

The Komodo is superior to any cooker of any type I’ve owned. It’s very thick with lots of mass. That mass takes a while to heat up, but you’re rewarded with constant stable temperatures. This thing will cruise for hour after hour with minimal lump usage and lock in moisture in the process. The food I’ve pulled off this Komodo has been super juicy with no need for basting or Texas crutch involved. Heat retention is amazing due to the heavy duty materials used in its construction. I tell my wife that temperatures are as rock solid as our oven. 

The features that tip that scales are built in rotisserie hardware, multiple grate positions, built in ports for probes, standard port for Stoker or BBQGuru, a quality thermometer, precision vent control, a quality gasket that is light years above typical felt or third party gaskets, a sturdy latching system that locks the lid closed, and a hinge system that lets me lift my 140 pound lid with one finger. A heat deflector and drip pan are included along with a quality set of teak handled grill lifters. You won’t find metal bands to adjust on it either. The lid support is built into the Komodo itself eliminating lid to body alignment problems. 

The entire system works flawlessly and makes you proud to own such a finely made quality product.  From the actual crate that arrives at your home to the beautiful Komodo gracing your property, it screams quality from the rooftops.  I can recommend this Komodo, this company and the experience with the owner without any reservation at all. As others have said, my only regret was not ordering one sooner.

post-2487-0-28100200-1441104067_thumb.jp
post-2487-0-15206600-1441104310_thumb.jp

Thank you for the kudos, kind words and review.. 

The Happy Campers section is there but sadly few customers leave reviews anymore. 

Looks like only two new buyers have left them in 2015...

I'm guessing they feel it's already full of reviews.

Owners.. Don't be shy.. Please feel free to leave more..   LOL

Nice to for wanna be buyers to see some that are not years old..