bosco

Grill Cleaning

@Bruce Pearson - Grill Floss is the best thing I've found to clean my grills.  I'm not a big fan of wire brushes at all.  Too many people end up with wire bristles in the throats.  I don't want to happen to my guest.  

I first hit the grates with a high temp burn, then the grill floss when they are. Oiled, and finally with a very stiff nylon grill brush.  Gets rid of just about everything.  The stiff nylon brush in made by Char-Griller and has replaceable brush head that just into and out of the handle.  

I don’t think there’s a health issue. The only problem I can see is if you’re grilling something with a tendency to stick, like fish, you might want to clean the black stuff off the grates. If you’re not having a problem with sticking, however, don’t mess with success.

If you're cooking fish gently lift from the bottom straight up. If it doesn't release its not ready to flip/pull. Grill Grates System is the best for this bar none.

Of course give the Grill Grates rates a half decent cleaning beforehand.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1