peterp@skilake.org

New member/my setup

Hi all from Lake Tapps in Washington State!

This June I bought an Ultimate 23" after my 12 year-old POS Richard Johnson K7 literally fell apart and had a frozen top cap. After using a Home Depot beige plastic deck box to store my charcoal and accesories, I decided to upgrade that along with my KK as shown below. The work table/cabinet is this:  https://www.hotelrestaurantsupply.com/WNH-STCT-BBD3060M.html. 100% 16 gauge 304 series stainless steel construction.

It gives me space to store everything: charcoal, grates, tools, extra split basket, stone, heat deflector, MAP torch, gloves, BBQGuru, power cord, and more, while getting an all weather work surface that will be mildew-proof.

I used garage floor tiling to protect the TimberTech deck from burns and grease spills.

I love this grill so much more that the old K7! Have already done briskets, pork shoulders, ribs, steaks, rack of lamb, pork tenderloin kebabs, burgers, chicken, tuna, salmon, and much more.

BTW, the little Weber is our camping grill and the wife likes to use it when she needs to grill something quickly.

Cheers!

Peter Pawlak

post-2438-0-81728900-1441658075_thumb.jp

Peter - welcome aboard! I'm really glad you've joined us! Congrats!

I have a matte black pebble 32" known as TheBeast; I see you own his smaller cousin sitting on your patio. That's a very nice setup you have there.

Once again, we're glad you're here. Don't be a stranger. We'd love to see pics of your cooks on the 23.

Great setup. I'm really interested in the garage floor tiling.

Where did you get it?

How big are the tiles?

What are they made of?

And most importantly what was the approximate cost?

I am currently redoing the wood deck porch and was thinking about a carpet sized rubber mat but I've also seen some rubber tiles. Trying to explore all my options.

I got them from http://americanfloormats.com. I spent $220 to cover 40 ft2. Each tile is 12" x 12". They are made of some sort of rubbery plastic.

Regards,

Peter

Great setup. I'm really interested in the garage floor tiling.

Where did you get it?
How big are the tiles?
What are they made of?
And most importantly what was the approximate cost?

I am currently redoing the wood deck porch and was thinking about a carpet sized rubber mat but I've also seen some rubber tiles. Trying to explore all my options.