tinyfish

Rotisserie Chicken

Hey Tiny, I never thought about doing an indirect rotisserie chicken. Did you have the heat diffuser on a lower rack and the pan of taters sitting on top? Did it increase the cooking time by doing it indirect? Inquiring minds want to know! I did one chicken with the firebox divider in place and the chicken off to the other side. But I consider what you did more indirect. Your chicken still has a beautiful color to it.

@Poochie I used the foil pan as you would use the basket splitter. The chicken was getting half direct and half indirect heat. I placed the half moon basket splitter piece flat on the handles of the charcoal basket with three small spacers of fire brick for an air cushion for the pan to rest on.

Still desperately trying to hold out on finally buying the roti basket, but not sure how much longer I can take pics of these great roti chickens!!!

Just do it Tony...why fight the force. The few times that you use it will make it worth it and what another accessory to the collection.

Yum... E.H. Taylor is a fav of mine! But I'm also on the single malt train (as I'm from the UK it's only natural!) but now I live in Singapore I think bourbon is a better climate fit no? Also I can't bring my whiskey with me in my furniture shipment so somehow I'll have to get through the last 14 bottles that are left before we pack up our apartment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yum... E.H. Taylor is a fav of mine! But I'm also on the single malt train (as I'm from the UK it's only natural!) but now I live in Singapore I think bourbon is a better climate fit no? Also I can't bring my whiskey with me in my furniture shipment so somehow I'll have to get through the last 14 bottles that are left before we pack up our apartment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottoms up Tomahawk....