Zorro

Thanks Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I feel so lucky to have literally stumbled onto your web site! I was looking for a bar-b-q for my new house inColorado and was about to spend a lot more on a dual fuel Kalamazoo--fortunately it was so expensive I just couldn't swallow it so I kept looking! I have a lot to learn about cooking this way and can't wait to get started! My wife even likes it because she says it is like a jewel. We just sold my 700# Con-E-Sewer Up In Smoke Behemouth Bar-B-Q because my wife said it was too ugly and it was so heavy that I had to make a light aircraft front wheel tug to roll it around. It got pretty tired looking after several years in the weather. We hardly ever used it because it was such a pain to fire up so we used our Viking gas instead. I personally liked the Con-E-Sewer because I designed it myself and had it built by a guy in our company shop who had been with my company for 30 yrs and had become ineffective. I gave him something to do rather than sending him away. Anyway, I can't for Supreme OTB JRE420. I thought I was going to have to settle for one of your other great (but not my favorite) colors.

Zorro :smt024

PS: These little faces are pretty funky!

Hi, I had to dig for these in an old household inventory insurance file. The photos aren't too great but you can get the idea. It had a rotisserie with a side gas burner from one of the Webber gas grills, offset firebox, lots of air flow adjustments, adjustable legs for leveling it up, bottom ash dump, it would burn wood or charcoal, cook in side firebox or the main box, adjustable grates, and a counterbalanced lid (boy did it need the counterbalance)--and the whole mutha weighed a whopping 700+ pounds. To move it, the front wheel tug had a ball on it that fit into a cup on the BBQ, press down on the tug handle to get the legs elevated and place a strut on the BBQ into a notch on the tug to keep the legs elevated--then pull hard.

Outside20.jpg

Outside23.jpg

Outside24.jpg

Zorro, you may miss some of the cooking space...but you won't miss anything else. You can't touch ceramics for home use with one of the steelies. Some of those big ole boys are better for catering...becasue of how much meat can go on them, but for the back yard, ceramics rule :D

nice steelie! 1/8 cold rolled steel? been awhile since i've done the offset thang. you will love ceramics, dude! no more refueling every couple hours on those long overnites! easy peasy! i bet it wasn't as big a problem as this beast, but i remember just watching the temp gauge DIVE with a gust of wind on a cool nite! nothing bugs these kk's tho! i've done overnites in below zero temps with no worries; slept like a baby. love waking up with icecicles hanging off the handle and the smoke and perfume of bbq pork butt wafting thru the cold morning air!