ckreef

Bistro Improvements Sneak Preview

Final trim boards installed this evening.

c8b00d6350655f3e648f396f933a2534.jpg

So what's next?

Wait for new KK to arrive. First few days of November me and Mrs skreef need to do our November guru challenge cooks. At that point Prometheus comes off the porch so I can build a stand for both KK's. While that's happening there will be no kamado cooking. I hope to have that complete within 4 weeks but before Christmas at the latest.

Edited by ckreef

Looks great, ck. I can't imagine you and sk without any KK cooking. Maybe you can set them up so that you can get some cooks done.:) I hope so.:)

I'm taking a different approach. If I totally take down the KK's it'll move me along to complete the stand that much faster.

That is why I sold my Akorns some time ago, forced my own hand at getting a second KK sooner rather than later.

I like your trim boards. It really adds a nice touch to the Bistro. What is the small wire running near the bottom? Phone?

That's the bottom lighting. LED rope lighting. Goes along the entire bottom edge of the Bistro. If I turn that on by itself it give a nice subdued mood lighting effect good for after dinner cocktails.

76353538d5753d1d1015069ada88bcd5.jpg

This is what I have for temporary storage of my BBQ "stuff". Next spring I'll make something more permanent out of wood. For now it's the right size and works. Best part is, it retails for $149, manager put it on clearance for me for $50. Yea I couldn't pass it up and it's not totally ugly - LOL

549d02ec3a101eed8fb013800fe394ad.jpg

cab8fe6bcc2cdc86ebe7ba542f86a02a.jpg