bosco

bosco's shipping thread

I have some info and thought that it would be fun to share with those that are interested. I am fascinated with this process. I find it incredible that my delivery will be touching through so many countries, covering so much distance and going through so many hands to get here on time.

I received my shipping information early this morning. My KKs left the factory on October 1st, however, missed the feeder ship by two days. So it has been waiting to go from what I can see from the shipping information. This delivery will be by two container ships.

Leg #1

Vessel: ITHA BHUM

post-2504-0-82885600-1444650878_thumb.jp

Departing Surabaya Indonesia October 13th 2015 to Hong Kong October 23rd 2015

After a live track of the boat, it is scheduled to arrive at Pork Klang Surabaya Indonesia around 2pm my time today.

post-2504-0-64370800-1444650931_thumb.pn

My KKs will be loaded and ready for departure tomorrow!!

I am not sure of where the feeder ship stops Dennis before Hong Kong.  This boat goes to Hong Kong based on my packing slip, but could make multiple stops during its 10 day journey to Hong Kong.

After talking with Tiny Fish, his first KK shipped from Singapore and the second from Hong Kong. 

I googled pacific shipping routes and the big 2 to Canada is the NP1 and NP2 route. 

NP1 starts:

Singapore SGSIN

Laem Chabang

Da Chan Bay

Hong Kong

Yantian

Vancouver

Tacoma (WA)

Seattle (WA)

Pusan

Kaohsiung

Singapore

The NP2 starts

Hong Kong

Yantian

Kaohsiung

Shanghai

Pusan

Tacoma (WA)

Seattle

Vancouver

Yokohama

Pusan

Kwangyang

Hong Kong

Im not sure what the second boat will be but found all NP1 and NP2 ships for the month of October. 

based on this information and my packing slip, I am shipping to Hong Kong first boat.  The NP1 starts from Singapore which makes sense based on what you said.  Tinyfishes last ship was the same route as my order.  Indonesia to Hong Kong, then on the NP1 route one stop then to Vancouver.

If my research is correct I will ship on either October 28th via OOCL Asia or November 4th via Zim Rotterdam (both are NP1 routes)

Arrival at Port of Vancouver will be either November 13th or November 20th and then transported across country to Toronto

Google is a powerful tool!!!!

Wow.. I never knew containers went from Surabaya directly to Hong Kong.. I thought all boxes went to Singapore first and got on the motherships there.. Must be a Canada thang.. Learn something new every day..

My first order got on the mother ship in Singapore my 2nd order got in the mothership in Hong Kong.

thanks guys.

I was trying to go over the shipping info tonight after work.  I didnt see a key piece of info when I looked at the email at 530am.

Itha Bhum shipped my order from Surabaya on the 3rd of October and shipped it to Port Kelang on october 7th.  Port Kelang is in Malaysia.  

Now the piece of the email that I had missed is that it will be picked up on October 16th 2015 via cargo ship Mosel Trader

Leg #2

Mosel Trader Port Kelang depart October 16th 2015 arriving in Hong Kong on October 23rd

So I added a third boat to this journey lol

post-2504-0-14546600-1444697158_thumb.jp

This boat is currently docked in Hong Kong and appears to be leaving sometime tomorrow to head to port Kelang

man this is like piecing together a puzzle.  I will never take for granted a UPS tracking code again